Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling art with other income.

Options
  • 08-09-2018 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello looking for advice. I want to set up as a sole trader to sell some art that I make. I am wondering about tax exemptions if you have another strand of income (I teach).
    If your other income exceeds a certain amount are you still entitled to tax exemption?
    Am I still entitled to a tax exemption if making art is not my sole income?
    Any advice about setting up as a sole trader with the purpose of selling some art/art cards etc. would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,755 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

The tax exemption had very strict rules (you'll have to prove you're an artist), but I seem to remember it was only applicable to the income generated by your art, and even that was capped at a specific amount.

Your best option is to contact Revenue.

Advertisement