Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I find out if my BOI account is still active?

Options
  • 08-09-2018 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hello,

I have been living abroad for close to 5 years. Before I left I was banking with Bank of Ireland. I have not used the account at all in the last 5 years (and I don't think I closed it before I left).

Is there any way to find out online whether my account is still active? I don't even remember the account number....

Finding or reactivating this account would be my easiest option but what about opening a new account?

As an Irishman who lives abroad, is it possible to open a BOI account without a permanent address in Ireland? I will be returning to Ireland for a holiday in October and would like to lodge funds to an Irish account, and leave savings here for when I eventually move back. Is this possible without proof of an Irish address? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

rockyVII wrote: »
    Hello,

I have been living abroad for close to 5 years. Before I left I was banking with Bank of Ireland. I have not used the account at all in the last 5 years (and I don't think I closed it before I left).

Is there any way to find out online whether my account is still active? I don't even remember the account number....

Finding or reactivating this account would be my easiest option but what about opening a new account?

As an Irishman who lives abroad, is it possible to open a BOI account without a permanent address in Ireland? I will be returning to Ireland for a holiday in October and would like to lodge funds to an Irish account, and leave savings here for when I eventually move back. Is this possible without proof of an Irish address? 
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

I'd ask you first of all to call us on 0035314044000 and the advisers there will be able to check the status of the old account and advise on what you need to do to make the account fully active and ready to use again.

If your account is closed I've given a link here that you can use to arrange a call back from our coming to Ireland team and they'll be happy to take your information and see what account types are available to you. 

Thanks again, 
    Darren.

Advertisement