Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calcium

Options
  • 08-09-2018 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭

A number of people I know have had hip replacements. This led to me reading this article, which is fascinating.

I already knew the 'drink milk for calcium' myth but to have the facts put so succinctly is refreshing.

If the article been referred to before I apologise.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

A number of people I know have had hip replacements. This led to me reading this article, which is fascinating.
    I already knew the 'drink milk for calcium' myth but to have the facts put so succinctly is refreshing.
    If the article been referred to before I apologise.

Tbh I would be wary of relying on a fair and equitable review of such research by an organisation called "White Lies" and titled "Scary Dairy". An organisation interestingly in their "About Us" explicitly state they are against the consumption of all dairy products on the basis that they are against animal farming per se.

I would give this more or less the same credence as I would various claims of corporations etc

I have also came across some of this research and the findings imo are far from the conclusions drawn in the White Lies website

This recent research review from the medical news bulletin :

https://www.medicalnewsbulletin.com/dairy-products-affect-risk-hip-fracture/

For example ...
    the link between dairy product consumption and risk of hip fracture is not clearly established.

There are some other good reviews of this research. I'll see if I can locate them ...

Advertisement