Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi mi a2 lite

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,303 ✭✭✭ongarite

Order dispatched 30th November, delivered on 7th Dec for me with DPD delivery, ordered Mi A2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭gooner99

Same thing happened me this morning and i contacted chat through the app. I have spent the last hour going through the issue. They would not offer a replacement for ages and eventually when they realised i wasn't going anywhere they offered 55 pound off the reorder to bring it down to where it was when initially ordered on Nov. 23rd. Scheduled to be delivered by the 20th now but i wont hold my breath. Still hanging on to try and get quicker delivery but dont think that is going to happen.

Thanks for the update. Traveled to the UK Today, so didn't get to contact them. Will try it. Was it the 'email customer service' option you used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

gooner99 wrote: »
    Thanks for the update. Traveled to the UK Today, so didn't get to contact them. Will try it. Was it the 'email customer service' option you used.

Could you try arranging to pick it up at a depot over there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Ebonyks wrote: »
    theShire can you tell me how long that shipping was from eglobal? They don't seem to have any option for express shipping yet.

Purchased on 20/Nov
    Shipped record started on 21/Nov
    Received on 03/Dec

So about 2weeks total from order date (10 business days)
    I wasn't in any major hurry as my old phone was still usable.
    Paid €165 total for the 4/64 black version with the screen protector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 755 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

glasso wrote: »
    you do the same procedure to enable camera2 api. doesn't matter what version you're on.

follow the xda instructions linked - just be careful of the bit about not holding the volume button or your apps and data will be reset

you'd still remain on pie even if that happened

But isnt the step

download and extract the patched_boot.img from https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-...t-ota-t3836952

version specific, ie its a patched version of the boot you are currently on?

Thanks
    W.

But isnt the step

download and extract the patched_boot.img from https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-...t-ota-t3836952

version specific, ie its a patched version of the boot you are currently on?

Thanks
    W.

tbh I don't know - maybe read the latest comments on xda or ask the question there.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I'm having an issue with the phone using mobile data in the background for apps even though mobile data is turned off. Has anyone else experienced this?

Has anyone gotten the Android Pie OTA update here?

Thar_Cian wrote: »
    I'm having an issue with the phone using mobile data in the background for apps even though mobile data is turned off. Has anyone else experienced this?

Has anyone gotten the Android Pie OTA update here?

the pie update could be ages before it's available OTA in ireland.

use the VPN method in the xda link before to get it OTA. it's easy and no danger of any damage.

the pie update is very good imo - I prefer the changes. gesture navigation (where you can set to only have a home button at bottom of screen) much better imo

haven't seen issue of mobile data using apps tbh but haven't really monitored it as have a high allowance.

if data is off should not happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

I got an update notification for Android Pie yesterday even though I already upgraded using the VPN/Poland trick.

Anyone else?

Edit: just ran the update and it upgraded by security patch to Dec 2018.
    It also updated my baseband version from 1-00327-8953_Gen_Pack -1.176014.1 to 953_Gen_Pack-1.181354.1.182577.1

Has anyone received the update and had the same result?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

I can't get the update to work at all. Can anyone offer any assistance? Follow instructions but comes back on latest software.

Many thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

wizardman wrote:
    I can't get the update to work at all. Can anyone offer any assistance? Follow instructions but comes back on latest software.

The official update for Pie has been released globally. I got it yesterday so should be a straight forward download for you

NATLOR wrote: »
    The official update for Pie has been released globally. I got it yesterday so should be a straight forward download for you

Great thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Anyone know if its possible to show less apps per page on the home screen . I bought it for my father but it shows 5 columns on the home page and he is finding it hard to see. And too bunched up . Can it be chaged to 4 colums per page.
    I have a samsung and its easy to do but i dont see it in the options for the xiaomi . ???

Anyone know if its possible to show less apps per page on the home screen . I bought it for my father but it shows 5 columns on the home page and he is finding it hard to see. And too bunched up . Can it be chaged to 4 colums per page.
    I have a samsung and its easy to do but i dont see it in the options for the xiaomi . ???

use "go launcher" from the play store

set icons size to big in settings

I updated to Pie a few weeks ago thanks to the tip from glasso. Just had a look at my OH's phone and the update is available and downloading as we speak. I checked my own and there's an 85mb update available as well. Just wondering would this conflict with the Polish version I downloaded.

sligojoek wrote: »
    I updated to Pie a few weeks ago thanks to the tip from glasso. Just had a look at my OH's phone and the update is available and downloading as we speak. I checked my own and there's an 85mb update available as well. Just wondering would this conflict with the Polish version I downloaded.

Few drinks down and overthinking it. Downloaded anyway and all is good. OH is gone to bed playing with her new Pie. I'm downstairs with the last of the mince Pies.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice. Happy new Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

Hi all, has anyone purchased this phone recently? Is eglobal the best place to purchase? How long does shipping usually take?
    My other half broke the screen on her s7 edge for the second time so contemplating getting this for her instead.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Sheedy234

jay28 wrote: »
    Hi all, has anyone purchased this phone recently? Is eglobal the best place to purchase? How long does shipping usually take?
    My other half broke the screen on her s7 edge for the second time so contemplating getting this for her instead.

Thanks
    I bought or for my partner on honorbuy on Friday and had it Monday via DHL for 180 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Sheedy234

Sheedy234 wrote: »
    I bought or for my partner on honorbuy on Friday and had it Monday via DHL for 180 euro

https://www.honorbuy.com/251-xiaomi-mi-a2-lite

And it's the 4gb 64 hard drive version

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭BowWow

Thanks

Purchased from eglobal in November for a Christmas present. 7 days from order to delivery.
    Excellent phone - might buy one for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭StereoSound

The Mi A3 is probably upon us now, I probably wouldn't bother with the A2 at this stage, I still have the Mi A1 and will keep it until the A3 arrives.

The Mi A3 is probably upon us now, I probably wouldn't bother with the A2 at this stage, I still have the Mi A1 and will keep it until the A3 arrives.

the mi a2 lite and a2 didn't become available until August 2018 so going by the same release date there is no point waiting that long for the next version if you are eyeing either up as new phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

Does anyone have any good case recommendations for this phone? Something akin to an Otterbox Symmetry case where theres a lip to protect the screen?

The OH loves her phone but the case that comes with it doesn't provide any protection around the screen. Thanks.

FGR wrote: »
    Does anyone have any good case recommendations for this phone? Something akin to an Otterbox Symmetry case where theres a lip to protect the screen?

The OH loves her phone but the case that comes with it doesn't provide any protection around the screen. Thanks.

I don't bother with a case.

this looks something like what you want

https://www.amazon.co.uk/AIFIVE-Xiaomi-Absorption-Scratch-Protective/dp/B07K2XLYRZ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1546024813&sr=8-3&keywords=redmi+6+pro+case

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Shooter_galway

Updated phone yesterday but not connecting to internet? Mobile data still switched on. Anyone have similar problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I'd never use eglobal again but I think I've just been unlucky, ordered a phone start of December and still no sign of it.

I think they just told me it was dispatched to shut me up :(

If it doesn't appear by the end of this week I'm asking for a refund

FGR wrote: »

I use a gkk case and find it brilliant (they're on aliexpress)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

ImARebel wrote: »
    I'd never use eglobal again but I think I've just been unlucky, ordered a phone start of December and still no sign of it.

You must've been very unlucky, I ordered one the week before Christmas, and it arrived within a few days.

Judging by other people's experiences i think I was. The worst part was their customer service is **** and no apology nothing...

Again I seem to be in the minority. I'd have had the phone shipped from China 10 times over and it would have been here in time for Christmas

Oh well

I ended up ordering this through honourbuy. E188 for phone, case and shipping via DHL, the shipping was 24 euro alone. However ide rather pay that for piece of mind.
    The phone won't be dispatched until Wednesday due to new years.

• Advertisement

Updated phone yesterday but not connecting to internet? Mobile data still switched on. Anyone have similar problem?

Yes happened to me. I went into APN settings and selected data.meteor and working again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭mjp

Is this phone compatible with wireless chargers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

mjp wrote: »

Nope

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Sparko

ImARebel wrote: »

I'm the same, ordered on 2nd December and still not here. From contacting them I discovered they had no stock (unfortunately not mentioned before ordering). They told me they'd have stock by the 14th, but that came and went with no update. Eventually dispatched on the 21st and is now enroute. The tracking has it about to be handed to an Post so I'm hoping to see it this week or next at the latest.

mjp wrote: »

no phone with a metal back can do wireless charging.

Sparko wrote: »
    I'm the same, ordered on 2nd December and still not here. From contacting them I discovered they had no stock (unfortunately not mentioned before ordering). They told me they'd have stock by the 14th, but that came and went with no update. Eventually dispatched on the 21st and is now enroute. The tracking has it about to be handed to an Post so I'm hoping to see it this week or next at the latest.

yes the only way to know that they really have stock on an item is if you see this

eglobal-icon-2-blue-EN.jpg

but that is on so few items or will probably not be on the cheapest option for the same item

can be unlucky but I have been ok with them over say 6 orders

there is a tradeoff with eglobal - cheap prices for longer delivery.

there seems to have been a delay on mi a2 lites in general as amazon had the same issue with them - took 3 1/2 weeks for them to deliver for the offer they had and amazon are usually rapid

as a rough guess it seems like the majority are lucky with eglobal but maybe (rough guess) 10% run into long delays.

The wife has this phone, and a few websites seem to think she's not within the EU. :confused:

One site that sells clothes won't let her proceed to view the stock.

Is there some setting from within the phone I'm missing to let her select Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Q&A

The wife has this phone, and a few websites seem to think she's not within the EU. :confused:

One site that sells clothes won't let her proceed to view the stock.

Is there some setting from within the phone I'm missing to let her select Ireland.

Strange had she a VPN running or sometime like tunnel bear running? What browser is she using?

Q&A wrote: »
    Strange had she a VPN running or sometime like tunnel bear running? What browser is she using?

Definitely not. My wife thinks setting up a PayPal account is way beyond her:pac:

It's a strange one alright.

The website she was looking to buy kids clothes on was Asda if anyone wasn't to check out if they're having any problems with?

No problems on my phone (pocofone) yet here won't let her go past that screen which says she seems to be outside the EU and they won't ship .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Going to buy this phone, just wondering does it come with earphones and mic? like you get with iphone?

Thanks

• Advertisement

I ordered from honourbuy, phone was dispatched this morning, and got a text from DHL to say it will be delivered tomorrow. Can't complain with that

I ordered from honourbuy, phone was dispatched this morning, and got a text from DHL to say it will be delivered tomorrow. Can't complain with that

yes with honorbuy you do pay more but you get the stuff pretty quickly alright as they use express courier delivery - no messing.

bought a tablet from them b4 Christmas - got the same text but it took a day longer as it missed a flight connection - probably to do with Christmas tho.

Definitely not. My wife thinks setting up a PayPal account is way beyond her:pac:

It's a strange one alright.

The website she was looking to buy kids clothes on was Asda if anyone wasn't to check out if they're having any problems with?

No problems on my phone (pocofone) yet here won't let her go past that screen which says she seems to be outside the EU and they won't ship .

Getting back to this one, chrome seems to keep changing the web address from ending in .co.uk to .com.

I have tried clearing cache/data and various other things but no use, surprisingly opening the pages in incognito presents no problems at all, but as I said, the wife is no computer whizz kid, and even this simple task looks daunting to her :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭ACLFC7

Shefwedfan wrote: »
      Going to buy this phone, just wondering does it come with earphones and mic? like you get with iphone?

Thanks

No earphones in the box.

1. Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

ACLFC7 wrote: »
      No earphones in the box.

Anyone recommend a set for android? I dont want bluetooth, just standard cable one as I use for work

2. Registered Users Posts: 28 NickyK

Have this phone about a month. Delighted with it until last week. I updated it and for some reason it won't connect to my home network. I've gone through the whole phone and tried what seems like every setting there is. I've even rang my internet provider. Any ideas?

3. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

NickyK wrote: »
      Have this phone about a month. Delighted with it until last week. I updated it and for some reason it won't connect to my home network. I've gone through the whole phone and tried what seems like every setting there is. I've even rang my internet provider. Any ideas?

Have you tried, "Forget Network" and start again?

4. Registered Users Posts: 28 NickyK

sligojoek wrote: »
      Have you tried, "Forget Network" and start again?
      Yeah tried that. It's weird. I tried to download two episodes on Netflix last night and it wouldn't connect to home network. I switched off home wi-fi and used eir mobile data and once the download started I tuned back on the home wi-fi. It finished the first episode via home and then stopped! Did the same for the second episode. I'm at a loss now.

5. Posts: 18,962 [Deleted User]

NickyK wrote: »
      Yeah tried that. It's weird. I tried to download two episodes on Netflix last night and it wouldn't connect to home network. I switched off home wi-fi and used eir mobile data and once the download started I tuned back on the home wi-fi. It finished the first episode via home and then stopped! Did the same for the second episode. I'm at a loss now.

what frequency is your router running on?

there can be issues with 5ghz channels.

if it's on 5ghz, change it to 2.4ghz and see if that works.

6. Advertisement
    7. Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

glasso wrote: »
      what frequency is your router running on?

there can be issues with 5ghz channels.

if it's on 5ghz, change it to 2.4ghz and see if that works.

That's what I'd have recommended also.

Advertisement