Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi mi a2 lite

Comments

theteal wrote: »
    Their current chargers will work fine.

Daytime camera is perfectly fine. When the light starts fading, it's close to useless tbh. I don't know about the pics going to the card, I'd guess it's easily done, it's a fairly standard option I would think. I use the Google Photos app these days, unlimited storage and accessible online/anywhere.

This is the first phone I've had that I've not rooted (yet). There's little to no bloat, maybe a few google/xiaomi apps that I'll never use e.g. Duo.

adding the google camera with night sight does improve things but you have to hold it still for a few seconds with night sight

it also means that you have to select different camera apps depending on the situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Thanks might see any other camera apps on the play store rather than unlock Bootloader. To be honest parents might not notice the difference if they do then ill look into it.

Any recommendations for a wallet case for them, storing cards etc. Robust enough to avoid clumsy dropping of the phone 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

it's not a wallet but a GKK case is brilliant saved my RN5 many a time

Thanks might see any other camera apps on the play store rather than unlock Bootloader. To be honest parents might not notice the difference if they do then ill look into it.

Any recommendations for a wallet case for them, storing cards etc. Robust enough to avoid clumsy dropping of the phone ��

ebay the best place for reasonable wallet-style cases imo.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR12.TRC2.A0.H0.Xmi+a2+lite+wallet+case.TRS0&_nkw=mi+a2+lite+wallet+case&_sacat=0

should pay about 5 euro

altho a lot will be coming from china so be prepared to wait a month.
    the one that it comes with can make do in the meantime!

visible colour like red can be useful for parents as it stands out more - not as easy to forget!

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I bought something like this for my mam it's a flimsy piece of rubbish and no way would it protect the phone from a drop especially if it landed on the corner

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-6-Pro-6A-5-Plus-Painting-PU-Leather-Flip-Wallet-Case-Cover/132896054463?hash=item1ef138dcbf:m:mcOZnKPDQzaoz2movVO8fwg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

glasso wrote: »

Will that case fit the mi a2 lite?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Southdubin6

I’ve purchased the mi A2 lite on amazon today.
    I’ve no idea about phones. Have been on iPhone 6s as I’m a bad man for breaking phones.

Is there much in difference spec wise?
    If ordering it off amazon will it be sim free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I got a couple of decent cases for my brother from Gearbest for the phone, picked up 1-2 for myself

now all I need is the phone

best place to buy at the moment? I bought off tecnobuy or something like that for him

Thanks

I bought the 4gb,64gb version on honorbuy last night. Worked out at €178. Googled for discount code and got €5 off. Delivery was €22 but that's included in the €178, and supposedly they're very quick to deliver. Others take weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Bought 2 phones on EGlobal

First one came within 10 days and due to Chinese new year waiting on the second. Got the 32 gb can add card if need be

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite-3gb-32gb-dual-sim-gold.html

Bought cases from Amazon for them

Mine being delivered tomorrow, ordered last night.... That's quick!

toby2111 wrote: »
    Mine being delivered tomorrow, ordered last night.... That's quick!

That is the same as mine on amazon ordered. Delivering tomorrow apparently found it a little strange so quickly

That is the same as mine on amazon ordered. Delivering tomorrow apparently found it a little strange so quickly

Yeh, I would've bought it from Amazon if I knew it was that price. Only a few euro anyway.

Yeh, I would've bought it from Amazon if I knew it was that price. Only a few euro anyway.

€166 with delivery was what it cost me.

• Advertisement

Will that case fit the mi a2 lite?

yes - the redmi 6 pro and the mi a2 lite are the same phone with different OS software

yes - the redmi 6 pro and the mi a2 lite are the same phone with different OS software

But that link was for a case for a Redmi Note 6 pro..... It's got a 6.2 inch screen.... Or did I read it wrong??

But that link was for a case for a Redmi Note 6 pro..... It's got a 6.2 inch screen.... Or did I read it wrong??

my mistake - redmi 6 note pro won't work!

redmi 6 pro cases will work.

ebay has a better selection but a lot of the items come form China so will take longer

check for shipping from UK (and check that items to ireland will still ship from UK - sometimes notes at bottom about international destinations coming from China).

Shefwedfan wrote: »

I bought 166 euro from amazon with delivery

• Advertisement

Think it's €166 through Amazon.es.... Spanish Amazon

Think it's €166 through Amazon.es.... Spanish Amazon

I got mine 166 on Amazon.co.uk- did you get a text off an post to say ur phones in national hub?

I got mine 166 on Amazon.co.uk- did you get a text off an post to say ur phones in national hub?

That's a good price from Amazon.co.uk, seems to be £170 now. I got a text from DHL saying mine should be delivered before 6.30pm tomorrow. But I bought from honorbuy.

The 166 version on amazon.es is a 32GB version, the 64GB version is 170

I’ve got a text from an post to say will arrive in the morning I ordered late last night can’t believe how quick it came

I’ve got a text from an post to say will arrive in the morning I ordered late last night can’t believe how quick it came

That phone was £166 not €166...

The 166 version on amazon.es is a 32GB version, the 64GB version is 170

Go for the 64gb. It's got an extra gb of RAM which will make it quicker. Just be sure it'll work here, i don't understand Spanish but some of those versions on Amazon.es may not work here..

That phone was £166 not €166...

I sorry give or take the few pound still very good price that price is including delivery

I sorry give or take the few pound still very good price that price is including delivery

Yes, good price. I got it for €178 including delivery.

Phones landed absolutely delighted with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

Hey guys,

When ordering off Amazon UK, is it the UK version that I should purchase in order for compatibility here?

Also, does anyone know whether this phone works on the 48 network? I'm aware I will have to set up the network settings via 48's tweaker app.

Cheers

So disaster, after been speaking about this phone my partner had ordered me one as well as me own unawares.So now sitting with 2 mi A2 lites.

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

When ordering off Amazon UK, is it the UK version that I should purchase in order for compatibility here?

Also, does anyone know whether this phone works on the 48 network? I'm aware I will have to set up the network settings via 48's tweaker app.

Cheers

Yes the Uk version or Global

So disaster, after been speaking about this phone my partner had ordered me one as well as me own unawares.So now sitting with 2 mi A2 lites.

Sell it on adverts.ie or done deal

Sell it on adverts.ie or done deal

I’ve listed on adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Ryan451 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Cheers

My wife is with 48. Works no problem. I did hers back in August and there was no tweaker for this model. The rep gave me the settings and I entered them manually. Took about 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

sligojoek wrote: »
    My wife is with 48. Works no problem. I did hers back in August and there was no tweaker for this model. The rep gave me the settings and I entered them manually. Took about 5 mins.

Ah brilliant, thanks for your help!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Check the site. They may have developed a tweaker since.

I’ve listed on adverts.

swap for a galaxy s3 and a 10kg bag of potatoes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

swap for a galaxy s3 and a 10kg bag of potatoes?

ROFL

Playing around with this phone, impressed so far. When I open the Phone app, it's got 2 or 3 duplicates of some names.... Anyway of tidying that up? I did press a merge duplicates option when I first opened the app but they're still there....

could be coming in on the sim card and gooogle contacts

best to keep contacts in google only imo - avoids this

if google itself doesn't work try some app from playstore or do manually

take out the sim card and see if the duplicates are still there or clear sim card.

Duplicates still there, can't merge them. Googled it and seems to be a problem between WhatsApp and the phone icon thing. Contacts icon is fine though. Anyone else have duplicates?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Duplicates still there, can't merge them. Googled it and seems to be a problem between WhatsApp and the phone icon thing. Contacts icon is fine though. Anyone else have duplicates?

Same here on my mi a2 lite

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Yeah same here, duplicates on phone app, fine on contacts. Couldn't fix it.

• Advertisement

Anyone else's phone vibrate when an outgoing call is answered?? Can't find option to disable that.....
    Edit- it's in settings, accessibility, interaction controls, vibration....and turn both options off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Still not fixed the Bluetooth/WiFi problem unfortunately

Still not fixed the Bluetooth/WiFi problem unfortunately

What's the Bluetooth /WiFi problem???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

When Bluetooth is turned on the WiFi signal goes to crap

• Advertisement
Advertisement