Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi mi a2 lite

Comments

When Bluetooth is turned on the WiFi signal goes to crap

still seems to be an issue alright - maybe not as bad as before....

may have fixed the other issue tho where someone could not connect to his wifi at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Any places deliver this quickly? My iPhone gone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Any places deliver this quickly? My iPhone gone
    I ordered mine from honorbuy on a Sunday...had it on Tuesday!Great phone for the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

toby2111 wrote: »
    I ordered mine from honorbuy on a Sunday...had it on Tuesday!Great phone for the price.

Same. Fantastic service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Got these for my parents and plug is two pinned

Take it the adapter usb goes into is the fast charger and if they use any other android charger it would be the regular charge?

Other than the google camera any other camera apps that work well with this. Don't want to unlock the bootloader to load Magisk & google camera up so just lookign for any camera apps in play store.

Got these for my parents and plug is two pinned

Take it the adapter usb goes into is the fast charger and if they use any other android charger it would be the regular charge?

Other than the google camera any other camera apps that work well with this. Don't want to unlock the bootloader to load Magisk & google camera up so just lookign for any camera apps in play store.

it's not a fast charger. check the output written on it and compare to what your other charger outputs.

if less output on other charger (particularly if old one) will charge more slowly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭Invincible

64GB version available for $200/€143 on banggood.com.
    Seeing its not much more on amz.es, id get from there.

Invincible wrote: »
    64GB version available for $200/€143 on banggood.com.

customs fees (collection fee and VAT) and long delivery wait for that option tho.

honorbuy for quickest deilvery

amazon if you want piece of mind on returns (if sold by amazon although probably have to pay return cost to spain I would say?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Just bought one for the mrs on honour buy. Looks like a nice phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭dball

Can anyone suggest where in the EU I can buy
    Link please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

glasso wrote: »

(if sold by amazon although probably have to pay return cost to spain I would say?)

Im not sure tbh. Just got it there for peace of mind with delivery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,726 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

dball wrote: »
    Link please

https://www.honorbuy.com/251-xiaomi-mi-a2-lite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Link please

Too lazy to go back one page?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I was going to buy from Amazon germany, the ES version is the cheapest. Whats the difference will it work here?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭radar0976

Link please

Got one on eBay two weeks ago from the uk for €170. Delighted with it so far. Great battery life and great camera in particular (in fact the best I've ever had). Works perfectly on Three network.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

Got this today and only realsied after getting everything ready to change over to the new phone that my sim is way too big for the phone. Can a regular sim be cut down to a nano sim or do you need to get a new sim card off your network? The nano sim format is smaller than the gold part of my current sim.

megaten wrote: »
    Got this today and only realsied after getting everything ready to change over to the new phone that my sim is way too big for the phone. Can a regular sim be cut down to a nano sim or do you need to get a new sim card off your network? The nano sim format is smaller than the gold part of my current sim.

do this or go into one of those independent phone shops and they would probably do it for a few euro

megaten wrote: »

Had same problem with parents sim
    Went into carphone warehouse and they had a cutters that cuts it down.

No charge

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭megaten

Went into three and they just gave me a replacement sim.

My a2 lite sometimes switches fron WiFi to 4G every few seconds... Anyone else's do this? Is it because I'm further away from router?

Bought this for my parents but apps are not updating automatically on the play store even though I have it set up for auto update apps in settings on the app

So have to go into the play store app and then it begins to update

Any particular set up so that it updates automatically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,409 ✭✭✭xtal191

Hoboo wrote: »

Will prob order from here over the weekend, does it matter that its DE/IT/FR version? Also I'm guessing it'll work no bother with Tesco mobile. Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NATLOR

xtal191 wrote: »
    Will prob order from here over the weekend, does it matter that its DE/IT/FR version? Also I'm guessing it'll work no bother with Tesco mobile. Cheers

No and yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I bought two for friends, both getiing pop up ads quite regularly. I had a look at most things but they are still getting the pop ups.
    Any ideas he w to stop it. I thought it was Google, could still he that but I've turned off everything I can to prevent it.
    Anybody have a solution?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

eagle eye wrote: »
    I bought two for friends, both getiing pop up ads quite regularly. I had a look at most things but they are still getting the pop ups.
    Any ideas he w to stop it. I thought it was Google, could still he that but I've turned off everything I can to prevent it.
    Anybody have a solution?
    You must have installed some rogue app. Anything not from the play store? Can you post a screenshot of one of them?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Sir Dosser wrote:
    You must have installed some rogue app. Anything not from the play store? Can you post a screenshot of one of them?
    I can't, there my friends phones. I'm at work, if I get a chance this evening I will but it's hard to grab a screenshot before it's gone.

just received this phone about 10 days ago, I'm finding the mobile data very poor.
    I'm in rural ireland so don't expect it to be great but its very bad in some spots.
    Is this the norm>?
    Is there any setting(s) i can adjust or should i leave the default settings as is?

Thanks anyone

just received this phone about 10 days ago, I'm finding the mobile data very poor

Surely, that's your service providers fault, not the phones fault? I've 4G on mine and it's fine

I dont think so as my previous phone (albeit an iPhone) and my wife and daughters phone are not having and problems, we're all on eir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭DeKing

dball wrote:
    I dont think so as my previous phone (albeit an iPhone) and my wife and daughters phone are not having and problems, we're all on eir

Is your APN data.mymeteor.ie?

no idea, ill go and check that, thanks

NO< i don't know
    In APN there are 2 options/settings:
    Meteor
    mms.mymeteor.ie

Meteor Data
    data.mymeteor.ie

The top one was selected,
    All good now. Thanks for the heads up

The march update (check in system to run it) seems to have finally fixed (for me anyways) the slow wifi when bluetooth is on issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Doesn't seem to have fixed it for me....

Doesn't seem to have fixed it for me....

actually it's not 100% but a lot better.

basically when the wifi signal is strong there is not much effect.

with a weak wifi signal definitely still impacted alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Just got one of these as a replacement for an older Xiaomi. Does anyone know how to get rid of the Google search bar at the bottom screen?

Just got one of these as a replacement for an older Xiaomi. Does anyone know how to get rid of the Google search bar at the bottom screen?
    Press and hold it....does a bin or X appear?

Press and hold it....does a bin or X appear?

Nope. Tried that. Have also looked for any disable function in Google settings and can't seem to find one. I don't use it and it's annoying right at the bottom of the screen where my main apps should be.

Nope. Tried that. Have also looked for any disable function in Google settings and can't seem to find one. I don't use it and it's annoying right at the bottom of the screen where my main apps should be.

I use Nova Launcher on mine so I don't have search bar at bottom.I'm sure there's some way of removing it,if not,use a launcher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

yeah that search bar comes as part of whatever version of android we're now on, a really annoying change. A new launcher will fix it for you e.g. Nova as mentioned above

• Advertisement

On a side note-I've a spare case for this phone. If anyone wants to buy one,send me a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,923 ✭✭✭DopeTech

On a side note-I've a spare case for this phone. If anyone wants to buy one,send me a PM.

What type is it?

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    What type is it?

https://www.adverts.ie/cases-covers/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite-case/17544743

Brand new with a cool,little kickstand. Have one and my wife got me one also!

I use Nova Launcher on mine so I don't have search bar at bottom.I'm sure there's some way of removing it,if not,use a launcher.

Thanks. That sorted it.

So finally bought one, just wondering has anyone found a good set of ear phone with a mic that will work with android? I guess the iPhone ones I have wontwork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭Bacchus

So finally bought one, just wondering has anyone found a good set of ear phone with a mic that will work with android? I guess the iPhone ones I have wontwork?

I got these for free with an order I put in for speakers in the January sales. They're quite good. I've used them several times when I've had to take work calls in the evening at home. No-one's ever had difficulty hearing me, and sound quality out of them is clear. The one thing about them that throws me a bit (and maybe this is just common to all in-ear mic/ear-buds) is that they block out external sound quite well so my own voice sounds (to me) a bit muffled.

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/hitz-ma500

Bacchus wrote: »
    I got these for free with an order I put in for speakers in the January sales. They're quite good. I've used them several times when I've had to take work calls in the evening at home. No-one's ever had difficulty hearing me, and sound quality out of them is clear. The one thing about them that throws me a bit (and maybe this is just common to all in-ear mic/ear-buds) is that they block out external sound quite well so my own voice sounds (to me) a bit muffled.

https://en.creative.com/p/headphones-headsets/hitz-ma500

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for,......

these if you want bluetooth convenience and long battery life (12 hours) and suitable for gym / running also.

still fit in pocket easy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundBuds-Headphones-Bluetooth-Waterproof-black/dp/B0721MP41Q/ref=sr_1_2?crid=378SDBIGQDK94&keywords=anker+soundbuds+curve&qid=1554996257&s=gateway&sprefix=soundbuds+cur%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-2

refurb version for a few quid cheaper

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundBuds-Headphones-Waterproof-Refurbished-Black/dp/B07BB2KJ4K/ref=sr_1_3?crid=378SDBIGQDK94&keywords=anker+soundbuds+curve&qid=1554996257&s=gateway&sprefix=soundbuds+cur%2Caps%2C172&sr=8-3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Does this phone have a notification light?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

bush wrote: »
    Does this phone have a notification light?

Yup, bottom left corner

Advertisement