Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi mi a2 lite

1234568»

Comments

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yeah that's one of the reasons I would be reluctant to buy another. I had the mi A2 lite but move to a Samsung Galaxy A50. The mess that Xiaomi have made of the rollouts of updates just wouldn't happen with Samsung. Pixel 3a for €129 atm on Vodafone is an absolute steal for anyone looking for a cheap mid ranger.

In fairness Samsung are very late for updates and their budget phones barely get them at all.

Tbh many people are obsessed with updates though where mostly it does not make a lot of difference.

Security updates can be made through play store services nowadays so a phone is secure

Xiaomi have just really not tested their updates enough tho.

But budget phones are never going to get the best support.

Something like the budget pixel a line is probably the best bet if it's a focus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Just installed the android 10 update on my mums A2 lite and all seems to have went well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Just installed the android 10 update on my mums A2 lite and all seems to have went well

I'm leaving it a week or so. Let us know if there are any issues.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Did the same, the A2 lite is only my spare phone so it didn't matter if I messed it up but all went fine. Like the new navigation options.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭The Haven

Just checked this thread on the off chance, and yeah, to see to upgrade to android 10.

And it is upgrading to a10 now :D

this upgrade to Android Q / 10 is safe to perform

Still haven't managed to fix the bluetooth on affecting WiFi speeds tho !

Doesn't seem as bad as it was but still probably halving the speed.

Only a backup phone for me now also - still great battery life you have to say.

Poor camera but aside from that a solid phone.

Xiaomi's support of Android One was fairly sh1t tho - pixel 3a or upcoming 4a the way to go for not expensive stock imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

This phone got android 10 update during the week, now i cant seem to get it to charge properly.

No matter what charger i use is very slow to charge, normally used to get a rapid charge but cant seem to get that happening.

Does anyone know of a fix for this. Its not the charger as it used to happen with the charger I have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Mine is charging a bit slower but was shedding charge about 5 times the normal rate, for example overnight I might lose approx 5-10% but now I was losing 50% in 7 hours! A lot of Googling later suggests the Covid Tracker app is a part of the problem, delete it, purge Google Play services cache, restart the phone, reinstall the app and all is well - may or may not help your charging issue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

pm1977x wrote: »
    Mine is charging a bit slower but was shedding charge about 5 times the normal rate, for example overnight I might lose approx 5-10% but now I was losing 50% in 7 hours! A lot of Googling later suggests the Covid Tracker app is a part of the problem, delete it, purge Google Play services cache, restart the phone, reinstall the app and all is well - may or may not help your charging issue.

Supposed to be a fix out tomorrow for the covid app. Will try it but if not it's a gonner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Thought it was just me. The battery has been draining remarkably fast in the last for the last few weeks. Might be the COVID-19 App. Will wait for the update but if that doesn't fix it I'm not sure what else could be draining it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭dball

i'm not finding it that it's draining my battery, I cant get it to charge - never-mind rapid charge.

Last night it was plugged in all night and this morning it was only at about 50%. weird.

So my one just powered off last night at 40% battery and when I plug it into charge, nothing happens.

Any ideas or is it time to start looking for whatever is the equivalent now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,907 ✭✭✭DopeTech

So my one just powered off last night at 40% battery and when I plug it into charge, nothing happens.

Any ideas or is it time to start looking for whatever is the equivalent now?

Hold power and volume down at the same time for about 30 seconds and see if it goes I to recovery mode. If you can just press power once more to reboot.

If it's going to cost anything to fix I'd just upgrade. The pixel 3a for €129 (unlocked) on Vodafone is good value or the poco x3 for just over 200. Both have threads on them in bargain alerts

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭earlyapex

Has anyone else after the android 10 upgrade had the screen acting over responsive to swipes?
    Just swiping down from the top has it bouncing back up immediately or dismissing notifications to the left or right they bounce back, so it takes multiple tries?
    None of that happened before the upgrade.

• Advertisement

DopeTech wrote: »
    Hold power and volume down at the same time for about 30 seconds and see if it goes I to recovery mode. If you can just press power once more to reboot.

If it's going to cost anything to fix I'd just upgrade. The pixel 3a for €129 (unlocked) on Vodafone is good value or the poco x3 for just over 200. Both have threads on them in bargain alerts

Thanks. Took a few attempts but sorted now.

Advertisement