Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diecast Model & Diorama Show

• 08-09-2018 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭

Anyone here going to it tomorrow? On from 10 to 6 at the South Court. Proceeds goes to Limerick Animal Welfare so if you're looking for time to kill tomorrow, it's a nice way to spend a half hour or so whether you're into model collecting or not. Some nice Lego displays as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I didnt find it great last year, bit hard to move around when its busy. Displays are pretty impressive though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭flyingsnail

Just back, some very nice displays but as Mc Love said hard to move around and it wasn't overly busy when I left, bit steep at €13 each.

I thought the same at the price last year! Would have been happy paying a tenner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

You know what I thought the same myself, €13 was a bit steep despite it going to LAW. Can't remember the price last year but I don't think it was that high was it? God it was impossible to move around, and some people are so ignorant just standing in the middle looking at things without any consideration for others trying to get through. Just move to one side or the other for god sakes and leave the middle a bit open for others. I loved that Lego railway station display, with the old style Iarnrod Eireann orange train well.

Yeah I think it could be worth moving it to a bigger venue. Move to UL and have a few more stands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Went out there today, some fantastic displays and as always great people.
    €13 for entry is daylight robbery.
    The layout and walkway sizing was poor, very congested and if you had a buggy, wheelchair or crutches you were in for a frustrating day.
    There was as always a great range of sellers, but actually trying to view stock at the stalls was a waste of time.
    My own bugbear tho was the lack of any 1:72 or 1:100 Diecast model aircraft ;)

I'll stick to taking a trip up to Galway to the shop near Eyre Square.
    Works out cheaper too even taking petrol and parking into account!

banie01 wrote: »
    Went out there today, some fantastic displays and as always great people.
    €13 for entry is daylight robbery.
    The layout and walkway sizing was poor, very congested and if you had a buggy, wheelchair or crutches you were in for a frustrating day.
    There was as always a great range of sellers, but actually trying to view stock at the stalls was a waste of time.
    My own bugbear tho was the lack of any 1:72 or 1:100 Diecast model aircraft ;)

I'll stick to taking a trip up to Galway to the shop near Eyre Square.
    Works out cheaper too even taking petrol and parking into account!

The one in Corbett Court, Diecast Models 4 U? He's the only I buy from in Ireland now. I buy 1:76 myself, I wouldn't even look at another model shop in Ireland, second to none for value and customer service. Very friendly and helpful. Bought stuff off him at the first model show all them years back and have never bought from anyone else since, everywhere else is a rip off here, everything I buy is from him or else from the UK. I've never gone to the shop but I've ordered online a good few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

jaxxx wrote: »
    The one in Corbett Court, Diecast Models 4 U? He's the only I buy from in Ireland now. I buy 1:76 myself, I wouldn't even look at another model shop in Ireland, second to none for value and customer service. Very friendly and helpful. Bought stuff off him at the first model show all them years back and have never bought from anyone else since, everywhere else is a rip off here, everything I buy is from him or else from the UK. I've never gone to the shop but I've ordered online a good few times.

Yep that's the one, only found it by accident a while back!
    Very helpful and knowledgeable owner.
    Really nice guy, and TBH his prices are very competitive.
    Last time I was up with him I picked up some lovely stuff that was way below Amazon/eBay pricing and Tamiya paint at €2 a pop!

banie01 wrote: »
    Yep that's the one, only found it by accident a while back!
    Very helpful and knowledgeable owner.
    Really nice guy, and TBH his prices are very competitive.
    Last time I was up with him I picked up some lovely stuff that was way below Amazon/eBay pricing and Tamiya paint at €2 a pop!

Well I can only speak about the 1:76 prices, and it's the best value in Ireland. At a minimum I would say around 10-15% per item compared to other model shops. And that's just for individual small cars. Larger items are even better value, I've bought trucks off of him saving 33% compared to buying the identical truck at other shops.

Advertisement