Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Volunteer making 3k a week caught with cocaine

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

3k a week? He was making €150k a year and turns up to court in a scruffy adidas hoody? Something odd about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I think a suit would have been more appropriate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

So much money he didn't know what to do with it? Emm.. How about saving it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

What about the well? Did he fall in?

TallGlass wrote: »
    So much money he didn't know what to do with it? Emm.. How about saving it?

Celtic Tiger! Probably took it In his hot tub on the decking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Bless him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

sexmag wrote: »
    https://m.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/volunteer-earning-3000-a-week-bought-cocaine-as-he-didnt-know-what-to-do-with-money-37296320.html

Anyone else curious how a 22 year old volunteer was making 3k a week?

Story doesn't mention his previous profession other than he is now a mechanic and implies that he had the drugs for his own use as he had so much money he didn't know what else to do with it

just read the same article and thought the same! When I saw the headline I thought surely it has to be he was making 3k a week from dealing but the articles clear the claim made was the only reason he bought the cocaine was he was earning 3k a week and didn't know what to do with the money....

Has to be a misunderstanding or mistake surely. if not, f*** me I've choose the wrong career!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Try_harder wrote: »
    Celtic Tiger! Probably took it In his hot tub on the decking

With the Prosecco pulled pork and rocket salad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Kids today clearly don't know how to party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Did lassie save him when he fell into the well ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

Read the article people: "was now working as a mechanic" !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,548 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

3k a week? He was making €150k a year and turns up to court in a scruffy adidas hoody? Something odd about that.

But with not paying taxes it was as good as a PAYE job of circa €300k a year so he was clearing more a year than Michael D :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

For 2,600 €5’s a month, you can help keep a drug dealer in the lifestyle he’s accustomed to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

Kids today clearly don't know how to party

I don't know... i think this guy/girl partied too hard... :D

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/1037975284748824582

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Does 'volunteer with homeless charity" mean selling drugs to homeless people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Your Face wrote: »

No it means his solicitor told him to start volunteering before the court case came up so that he'd be able to paint himself as a decent member of society.

Your Face wrote: »

sounds good for mitigation...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭pleas advice

Ah well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bolloxolgy I've two jobs and don't make that much a week ,
    Who knew a volunteer for a homeless service would be on €156,000 pa .

WTF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Lads he was obviously shifting the coke like it was going out of fashion. No way he was making 3k a week otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Lads he was obviously shifting the coke like it was going out of fashion. No way he was making 3k a week otherwise

But the article didn’t say he was a dealing. and that’s not the case here.

Finance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Do you not remember the charity scandals/scams that were all the rage in 2016 and 2017? Where momey being collected was mainly being spent on salaries, bonuses and "business trips"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

wonder if his free legal aid was contested ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Reminds me of Gizmo Coughlin.

A fella who I went school with, an odd looking man from Gortnaguna.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

Sign me up as a volunteer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

No it means his solicitor told him to start volunteering before the court case came up so that he'd be able to paint himself as a decent member of society.

That partly explains why there's so many "homeless charities". Every couple of weeks there seems to be a new one mentioned in the news. I always assumed it was some chancer looking to make an easy buck by setting themselves up in a €100k a year (€200k if they also put their name over the door) job as the head of a charity. But I suppose solicitors need somewhere for their clients to "volunteer" as the offices of real charities must have become a little crowded.

Advertisement