Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Union Car Loan

• 08-09-2018 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi Folks, I would like to take out a credit union loan for car in the next 3 months.
    I’ve been saving regularly with my local credit union for the past 2 years.
    I have €8,500 saved at the moment and I’m looking for a 20k loan.
    I’m in full time employment and live with my parents so apart from rent that I contribute and other small bills I have no other so most of my wages are going into savings.
    I’ve been claim free driving for the past 3 years so insurance isn’t a problem.

Do you think that I will be able to get the loan or chances are slim ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Each credit union operates independently, although broadly in similar ways.

I'd guess that your chances are far from slim - probably very good indeed. The only place where you will get a clear answer is from the CU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

Take a look at a guy called Dave Ramsey on YouTube. I think you would be more financially prudent to get a car you can afford with your current saving. Everyone now has a new car and keeping up with the Jones etc yet in 3 years time, the car will be worth half it’s value. I don’t mind people getting cars they can afford however in your case, you will love it for the first 3 months and then you will realize what a waste of money it is.for 10k you can get a decent run around car.

Advertisement