Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Virgin 240 broadband downstairs out of range upstairs

Options
  • 08-09-2018 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

The engineer installed virgins naked 240mb broadband today downstairs in the living room. We're getting like 100m so far but the problem is that there is limited connection upstairs in my room. I thought maybe by network adapter was out of date which it was but even after updating it....this did not make any difference.

On my iphone the connection works fine but when I did a speed test on my phone download speed was just 4.5mb and when I was speaking on whatsapp today in my room it kept cutting off. Downstairs it's lighting quick but upstairs not working on my laptop.

There was already wiring in the living room from old ntl so it was handy for him.

Any ideas what to do? Should I get wifi extender or the Powerline adapter or wiring done from router downstairs to my room but that sounds expensive.

Advertisement