Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trading-up without increasing mortgage

• 08-09-2018 10:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭

I'm looking at trading up but not increasing mortgage... putting our own cash into the new house.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this (I believe it is called 'porting')? Do banks require a full credit approval rigmarole, or is it a simpler process because you are not borrowing extra money?

I'm aware that most banks will increase your tracker rate (if you have one) if you move house (which in my circumstance I'm OK with), but I'm just wondering if getting approval for porting is the same as getting approval for a new mortgage.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,586 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Note that only some banks will allow transfer of mortgage to new property.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You will have to submit a new application for the new property and provide supporting documentation such as income, bank statements etc.

3DataModem wrote: »
    I'm looking at trading up but not increasing mortgage... putting our own cash into the new house.

Does anyone have any experience of doing this (I believe it is called 'porting')? Do banks require a full credit approval rigmarole, or is it a simpler process because you are not borrowing extra money?

I'm aware that most banks will increase your tracker rate (if you have one) if you move house (which in my circumstance I'm OK with), but I'm just wondering if getting approval for porting is the same as getting approval for a new mortgage.

Advertisement