Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cystinuria

• 09-09-2018 12:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭

Anyone here been diagnosed with this delightful condition? Our three year old daughter has and looking to see if we can find any others based in Ireland as all support groups I’ve found tend to be US based

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭OffalyPuzzled

Hi there,
    I have two kids with it (ages 15 & 11) diagnosed in the past year.
    I don't know of any support groups in Ireland but I find there's a lot of useful information here (US, I know but there are Irish people in the group): https://www.facebook.com/groups/cystinuria/

As your post is 1.5 years old, I presume you've found out all about this "delightful" condition :-)
    There's certainly lots of information online from Guys Hosp in London and Goldfarb et al in NYC.
    Not so much here in Ireland, unfortunately.
    If you know of any centre of excellence on this condition here, I'd love to hear about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

No nothing Irish-based unfortunately. Feel like I’m tempting fate saying it but since her first stone she hasn’t had any more yet thankfully. Hope your two aren’t suffering too badly

Advertisement