Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting Aritech monitored alarm what to look out for

Options
  • 09-09-2018 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Contacting some local suppliers based on the link in the stickies for registered installers and I've received a quote for an Aritech based system.

ATS IP Intruder Panel & ATS1110 Aritech Keypad are listed which is what I'm basing my assumption. What I'm wondering is if this can be monitored by someone else in the future or an I likely locked in to the installation company? Or is it a depends?

If so, is there a list of system installers for west of Ireland that supply systems that are not installer locked? (some of the recommended ones I've seen here only seem to do business in dublin and surrounding counties). Otherwise pm me on any explicit recommendations.

Among the extras available is 1yr monitoring + free GSM + free sim at 200 per year. I've seen some posts on here about these being easily jammable and I'm wondering if that had been solved it remains an issue? Do you need a landmine as well to prevent that (or is that really worth it). We're on fibre so I'm wondering if the alarm could be safely hooked up to that to use the internet connection?

Advertisement