Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tethered Drones

Options
  • 09-09-2018 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭

I hope this is the best forum for this question.

Does anybody have experience operating tethered drones? I'm looking into using a drone to lift an instrument package around 25m and supply power from a generator to allow it to operate for extended periods.

Are tethered drones regulated here the same as normal drones, and if so, how difficult is it to get exemptions to operate closer to people or buildings outside the normal limits?

The drone wouldn't need to be fully featured, up/down and hover would be all that would be required. Although a camera would be nice to have, it wouldn't be essential.

Any recommendations that I should look at? I haven't any experience with drones at present.

Advertisement