Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking into an Campervan that could use as everday also

• 09-09-2018 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭

Just loooking into it at the moment. So will probably have to get a second car again soon, but the second car, would really only be used as that, the odd trip in and out of the city or when my husband is away for me and the little misss to get out.

Would love a camper also, so kinda looking into the idea of getting a small campervan. Needs to be big enough for two adults and a baby (so will need another seat to fit car seat.

Is this a bad or good idea? or would anyone have any recommendations on which one to go with.. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40 LifeIs TooShort2

A VW Transporter is probably what you are looking at. I just started my own conversion. I'm converting a LWB T5.

Search for 'VW T6 Conversion' to get you started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

Hi Lifeistooshort, thanks for the reply... Interesting do you know about the insurance and all that goes with it..

Milly33 wrote: »
    Hi Lifeistooshort, thanks for the reply... Interesting do you know about the insurance and all that goes with it..

Once you get to or buy a well done conversion insurance is pretty cheap provided the camper isn't your main vehicle.

I'm not there yet, mid conversion of a LWB T5.
    If doing a conversion, the thing to watch is the VRT on the change of class. The revenue will decide how much your vehicle is worth and charge you 13.5% of its value. This mafia like tax has a whole nation making a cheap job of their conversion to avoid being triple hit with taxation. Only in Ireland.

Lol, I've had bad case of bureaucratitis lately, but I'm really enjoying my project. Its good way to spend your time. Go for it.

Advertisement