Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plasterboard fixings, or 3M Command hangers?

• 09-09-2018 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

Thinking of hanging a picture weighing 1.5 kg above our bed. Now I normally use Command 3M hooks (which can take up to 3.6kg) but want to be extra sure there (to avoid 1.5kg landing on our heads).

Sure I go for a plasterboard fixing instead? Or maybe one _and_ 3M hooks (the frame hangs from a wire so I could use multiple fixings)

P.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭colm_c

Those 3M strips are grand, but you're effectively sticking them to the paint, not the wall.

Better to go with the plasterboard fixings, for anything heavy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

i have no faith in those 3m things. they will hold really light stuff but a colm says it is only sticking to the paint. i would only use a good plasterboard fixing

Advertisement