Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disappointed with teaching practice result

Options
  • 09-09-2018 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi everyone id really appreciate any help or advice here. I recently received my teacher training results and I only got 61% for teaching practice. I dont understand how as my feedback reports where great, I got a provisional result for one the visits and was given an A, I have great references from my cooperating teachers and staff were very complimentary about my work as was stated in my reports from my lecturer I also did double the amount of hours we were supposed to do and worked in 4 different placements through out the year, I dont understand this low mark.
    Im also wondering if it will effect my chances of getting a teaching job?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Dunne_bkill

Highly doubt it will affect you chances of getting a job. 61 is a decent mark. In my experience these supervisors all expect different things even though they are probably briefed on what to mark. I wouldn't be too upset, if it was 69 and you didn't get a 70 that would be a different story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

You got a 2.1. Relax.

Advertisement