Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PUK Code

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Cass wrote: »
    As per the title. Found an old phone with the SIM card still in it. Its Meteor, which i think is EIR. I charged it and turned it on, but it immediately asked for a PUK code. 

So can the PUK codes still be gotten? 

Don't have the pack, box or original paperwork. Only the phone and SIM so have the card number and IMEI number if that helps.

Thanks in advance. 
    Hi Cass, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

If you PM me your mobile, PIN, full name and address I'll be able to issue this to you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If you PM me your mobile, PIN, full name and address I'll be able to issue this to you. 
    As said above:
    Don't have the pack, box or original paperwork. Only the phone and SIM so have the card number and IMEI number if that helps.

I don't have the mobile number, the PIN code, the paperwork, contract, etc, etc. 

I found the phone and when i charged it and turned it on it immediately asked for the PUK. Never asked for the PIN code. I don't know what number was associated with the SIM, don't know if it was my phone or another family members, don't have a phone number for it now, don't have the contract or any other details. 

I only have the number printed on the SIM card, and the IMEI number and model details that are printed on the inside of the phone/battery area.

Its what makes this so complicated. I was in touch with EIR via live chat this morning and they asked for the same details, but as i told them i don't have them. The phone is a Nokia 2630 from about 10 years ago. God knows how long its been since it was used and we've had multiple numbers and carriers since so back tracking wouldn't even work.

The only reason i want access is to see if there are pictures, etc on the phone from when it was bought. I actually have no interest in using it. The EIR rep via live chat told me to contact an EIR store and they might be able to retrieve the number, but i've been ringing Portlaoise since this morning however they don't answer their phone (ironic). 

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

As said above:

I don't have the mobile number, the PIN code, the paperwork, contract, etc, etc. 

I found the phone and when i charged it and turned it on it immediately asked for the PUK. Never asked for the PIN code. I don't know what number was associated with the SIM, don't know if it was my phone or another family members, don't have a phone number for it now, don't have the contract or any other details. 

I only have the number printed on the SIM card, and the IMEI number and model details that are printed on the inside of the phone/battery area.

Its what makes this so complicated. I was in touch with EIR via live chat this morning and they asked for the same details, but as i told them i don't have them. The phone is a Nokia 2630 from about 10 years ago. God knows how long its been since it was used and we've had multiple numbers and carriers since so back tracking wouldn't even work.

The only reason i want access is to see if there are pictures, etc on the phone from when it was bought. I actually have no interest in using it. The EIR rep via live chat told me to contact an EIR store and they might be able to retrieve the number, but i've been ringing Portlaoise since this morning however they don't answer their phone (ironic). 

Unfortunately, without this information, I would be unable to gain access to the account to retrieve this information for you. 

I'm sorry it's not better news. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement