Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Before I Commit Q's

• 09-09-2018 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭

Before I commit to an Eir Broadband / TV package, could you answer the following Q's

- What Modem is used now by Eir?
    - Can this modem facilitate DDNS updates? (so I can mimic a Fixed IP)
    - Does an installer have to physically call to house?
    - Can an install happen on Saturday's?
    - How long from order to delivery?

I have all Lines / sockets in, although there might be 'newer' phone sockets needed now for TV

Thanks 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Stingray wrote: »
    Before I commit to an Eir Broadband / TV package, could you answer the following Q's

- What Modem is used now by Eir?
    - Can this modem facilitate DDNS updates? (so I can mimic a Fixed IP)
    - Does an installer have to physically call to house?
    - Can an install happen on Saturday's?
    - How long from order to delivery?

I have all Lines / sockets in, although there might be 'newer' phone sockets needed now for TV

Thanks 
    Hi Stingray, 

- We use the Huawei F2000 modem, you can view the manual here

- We don't support this facility so would be unable to assist, unfortunately. 

- A technician is required to call out to the house to install the service. 

- I'm afraid, we don't carry out installs on a Saturday.

- The standard timeframe on an installation is up to 10 working days pending cabling issues and depending on the situation at the house. A site survey will be carried out within 10 days and will be assessed. 

Our sales team on 1800 503 303 will be happy to explore all your options with you and advise on all. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement