Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fine Gael councillor posters.

• 09-09-2018 9:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭

What's with all the fine Gael posters on the poles in lucan. Surely this is over kill for a meeting in the pennyhill.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Aren't there local elections coming up in a few months?. Take a few schnaps and terrify prospective candidates on your doorstep with evidence of their littering - because that's all it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

ArthurG wrote: »
    Aren't there local elections coming up in a few months?. Take a few schnaps and terrify prospective candidates on your doorstep with evidence of their littering - because that's all it is.

Very true. How do we make lucan an poster free area from politics?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Very true. How do we make lucan an poster free area from politics?

Lucan village already is, there are a few villages around Dublin where a voluntary code is in place to not have posters. I think it goes back a few decades. The only times I've seen it breached was during the abortion referendum by anti-repeal groups. I emailed one of them (can't remember which one) and got a snotty response back basically telling me to fack off.

You could contact a councilor and ask about it - be interesting to hear the response.

Advertisement