Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crud roadracer mk3 mudguards waste of money

Options
  • 09-09-2018 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Well I got the above on sale from amazon for my new bike, trek fx3.

Front went on without hassle, the rear mudguard not a hope.

Its v brakes, the mudguard arm that attached to the rear triangle is in the way of the brakes no. Matter what I try.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Yip, same experience for me last winter.
    Never got a satisfactory fitting, always rubbing somewhere on the rear.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Although I have no experience of these, I think the Crud Roadracer guards are designed for road bikes as opposed to hybrid type bikes with V brakes?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

They don't fit vbrakes. But in fairness they don't fit anything very well. I've binned a set last year.

Return them to Amazon and get your tenner back.

The fx3 should have eyelets so you can buy real mudguards too

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

site_owner wrote: »
    They don't fit vbrakes. But in fairness they don't fit anything very well. I've binned a set last year.

I've them (the previous versions) on my road bike for years without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

They only cost a tenner, if anyone wants the rear one just pm me, unfortunately I've already put the front one on but you can have the rear one for free!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

italodisco wrote: »
    They only cost a tenner, if anyone wants the rear one just pm me, unfortunately I've already put the front one on but you can have the rear one for free!

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭clod71

I had them and I never really like them...
    I love the SKS raceblades, which came after them

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

loyatemu wrote: »
    I've them (the previous versions) on my road bike for years without any problems.

the mk2 have a completely different structure i think?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I have them on my Felt VR30 for a year now with zero issues. I remove them in dry weather and stick them back on when it’s wet and never had a problem. They’re much better than the Mk2

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

clod71 wrote: »
    I had them and I never really like them...
    I love the SKS raceblades, which came after them

+1 for SKS blades. Went through two pairs of cruds, v flimsy. Just fitted SKS last week & it's like night and day. Also they can just clip on and off so easy to remove m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Sorry folks I forgot to say, anyone who wants the rear mudguard for free, you'll need to be based in Dublin as I won't be posting it, I don't have the time, sorry!

I'm around the ifsc at lunch hours

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

+1 for SKS blades. Went through two pairs of cruds, v flimsy. Just fitted SKS last week & it's like night and day. Also they can just clip on and off so easy to remove m

+1. Could have posted the same, word for word

+1. Could have posted the same, word for word

one thing to remember is that also the SKS raceblades don't fit bikes with v-brakes/cantis
    other than that, I think they are a much better buy than the crud MK3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

one thing to remember is that also the SKS raceblades don't fit bikes with v-brakes/cantis
    other than that, I think they are a much better buy than the crud MK3

Why don't they fit with V-Brakes? There are so many adjustment points on the newest versions I would have thought they could be fitted easily enough behind the brake, no?

I know this pic is caliper, but would it not be the same-ish set up for v/canti?

SKS-Raceblade-Rear-fitted.jpg

Why don't they fit with V-Brakes? There are so many adjustment points on the newest versions I would have thought they could be fitted easily enough behind the brake, no?

I know this pic is caliper, but would it not be the same-ish set up for v/canti?

SKS-Raceblade-Rear-fitted.jpg

I'm obviously talking about the rear one. Not a chance you'll manage to fix it on a bike with Vbrakes/cantis. It is designed to attach on the seatstay, right where where your Vbrakes are fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭What Username Guidelines

I'm obviously talking about the rear one. Not a chance you'll manage to fix it on a bike with Vbrakes/cantis. It is designed to attach on the seatstay, right where where your Vbrakes are fixed.

Yep, I know you're talking about the rear one, but I was just saying that because raceblades mount much further down the seat stay than cruds, and have numerous adjustment points, I would have thought they would fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cyfac

+ 1 again for the raceblades getting the winter bike ready this morning nipped into LBS picked up a set had them fitted in 5 minutes couple of adjustments with the allen key and there ready to go a bit pricey but well worth it i think

Yep, I know you're talking about the rear one, but I was just saying that because raceblades mount much further down the seat stay than cruds, and have numerous adjustment points, I would have thought they would fit.

I couldn't manage to put them on my CX...
    I definitely wouldn't recommend them if that's the case.

Advertisement