Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 10-09-2018 5:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

I changed my avatar last week, I don't like it.

I decided to change it today.

I paid for an account.

I think I changed the avatar correctly.

The old avatar is still displaying (Animaniacs).

I'd also like to change my username from brian.henry to BrianHenryIE if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Your current avatar is showing as follows:

tgDkZJ0m.png

... so it's definitely not the animaniacs avatar. If the old avatar is still showing on your browser, you may need to refresh the cache to force a reload.

With respect to your username, you can request a username change here, if you have signed up as a subscriber.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks for subscribing, brian.henry.
    If you would like to change your user title from 'Registered User' to 'Subscriber' you can do that here. You are in the subscriber usergroup whether you make that change or not, it's just for the public display on your posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

mike_ie wrote: »
    Your current avatar is showing as follows:

... so it's definitely not the animaniacs avatar. If the old avatar is still showing on your browser, you may need to refresh the cache to force a reload.

With respect to your username, you can request a username change here, if you have signed up as a subscriber.

Thanks, that seems to have been the case. And appreciate the pointer.

Thanks for subscribing, brian.henry.
    If you would like to change your user title from 'Registered User' to 'Subscriber' you can do that here. You are in the subscriber usergroup whether you make that change or not, it's just for the public display on your posts.

It's the username rather than title I'm looking to change. I've a nice consistent username across the web which I settled on after my boards account was created. I might also ask about my pre-hack account! I can't even remember what @domainname email address I had signed up with so could never run a password reset.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I can see you've posted in the name change forum, so that aspect should get sorted there.

I've removed the domain name from your post to protect your privacy.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks, that seems to have been the case. And appreciate the pointer.

It's the username rather than title I'm looking to change. I've a nice consistent username across the web which I settled on after my boards account was created. I might also ask about my pre-hack account! I can't even remember what @domainname email address I had signed up with so could never run a password reset.

You can email us on hello@boards.ie with regard to the old account, however if you have no idea what the email address associated with it was, we'll have no way of identifying you as the owner of the account.

• Advertisement
Advertisement