Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Furniture

Options
  • 10-09-2018 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

I bought flat pack furniture online from an Irish retailer , but collected the item in store and it emerged that one of the pieces was faulty ,and didn't fit . The product is 90% complete and usable for the most part . Im happy with the 90 % of the product , however I still want the faulty part replaced so I can get to 100% functionality..
    I have contacted them and they said they'd order a replacement part which was fine , however it's now almost 8 weeks since I bought the item and still no part . The answer from the retailer is that it's on the way from somewhere in Europe etc..
    I'd don't want to have to disassemble the product and bring it all back , as then I have to start all over again , however how long should I have to wait or is there a point where I should just bring it all back ?
    The item once disassembled wouldnt be reusable by the retailer so I'm sure they don't want that either .

What to do and do I have any rights other than return.
    It took 5 hours to assemble in the first place and I need it so returning really will be a last resort.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

what part doesnt fit. some parts can be a nightmare to find.

it must be a very big and complicated unit to take 5 hours. normal flat pack stuff only takes 10min- 1 hour for most of it so i can see you frustration and hesitation to take it apart.

i would go into the store and tell them its taken too long and that you want either your money back or another unit.
    let them come and collect the other one. they will probably just put the part on from the second unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I had a similar problem once, even to the prolonged waiting for a part to be shipped bit.

I escalated one step, from sales assistant to manager, and the problem was solved very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭kathleen37

If they are so confident the part is coming, can't they give you the relevant part from another in stock, then replace the one in stock when the one coming from Europe arrives?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

kathleen37 wrote: »
    If they are so confident the part is coming, can't they give you the relevant part from another in stock, then replace the one in stock when the one coming from Europe arrives?

Out of stock seemingly :-(

Advertisement