Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration lawyers

Options
  • 10-09-2018 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi all,

so my partner and I are hoping to apply for PR in Canada and move there. We tried a couple of years ago to do the PR thing on our own but there were problems with the form so this time rather than muddle through on our own and make mistakes we were hoping to use an immigration lawyer to help us with the application.

Does anyone here know of a good one to use? Many thanks in advance for any and all help/advice.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

There's a few that I see recommended quite a bit on the various Irish groups, note I haven't used them so can't vouch but they seem reputable.

http://www.carryimmigration.com/
    http://www.joincanada.com/

Both of them are based in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Tryst

Thanks Circular, I'll contact them and see what they need from us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

If there is a problem with your forms the CIC just mail them back and tell you what the problem is.
    Also, if you find a large company willing to sponsor you for PR, they usually do it on your behalf.

We applied before when we were in Canada 2 years ago Arcto. There were 3 issues with the form, all the issues were them not being able to open the attached documents so we just resent the exact same thing which they were suddenly able to open. The problem we were told was there is a 3 strikes and you're out policy when this sort of thing happens. Everything had taken so long at that stage that our police certs were no longer valid so we just left the whole thing. My partner had been working for a large company there but they weren't looking to sponsor anyone for PR at the time. So hopefully this time if we get a professional to help it will make things go more smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Tryst wrote: »
     The problem we were told was there is a 3 strikes and you're out policy when this sort of thing happens. 

I have never heard of this policy.....source: I have PR.

• Advertisement

Did you have many issues with your application?

Advertisement