Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Darndale Sunbather in a Vegetative state

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Cabaal wrote: »
    Awful story, fact that the person who ruined their lives hasn't even been caught and charged is desperate
    Caught, yes, charged; probably not;
    "A juvenile male was arrested on the 8 August in relation to the incident and later released. A file is expected to be prepared for the DPP. Investigations are ongoing," said the garda spokesman.
    A civilised country shouldn't have any "no-go areas", FFS.
    France walled off the "bad" places.
    The only hope for any justice in this country will be if him and his mates play chicken with a bin lorry and lose and we can listen to all the boo hooing on liveline
    Knowing Ireland, the lorry driver would get jailed.

The only justice would be if a few relatives popped over from Lithuania and kill the little scumbag. Otherwise nothing will be done to him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Zaph wrote: »
    Driving past the Blanchardstown Centre today I saw an idiot of maybe 16 or 17 go flying through the roundabout just ahead of me on a scrambler. That he paid no attention to traffic coming from any other direction was bad enough, but to do it while pulling a wheelie and not wearing a helmet redefines stupidity. And while I'm not necessarily proud of it, there was a tiny part of me disappointed that he managed to complete the whole manoeuvre unscathed.

The posters hoping for natural selection are short-sighted. If I were you I'd find that chap and get him into road racing funding him to start and taking a percentage of his earnings and other sponsorships. Isle of Man TT entry by June '19. Doing a wheelie at speed on a roundabout takes a certain kind of bravery, stupidity and foolhardiness that only the best road racers have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

The posters hoping for natural selection are short-sighted. If I were you I'd find that chap and get him into road racing funding him to start and taking a percentage of his earnings and other sponsorships. Isle of Man TT entry by June '19. Doing a wheelie at speed on a roundabout takes a certain kind of bravery, stupidity and foolhardiness that only the best road racers have.
    Jesus, I hope this is tounge in cheek, and if its not, I hope you never have anything to do with our judicial system.
    What happens when he ploughs through some innocent pedestrian crossing the street or mounts a foot path and kills someone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

Tt racing is natural selection, Darwin awards style..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

Entering TT races year after year seems to be the easiest way to get yourself killed, going by all the memorial post my bike racing mates share on FB

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Whaaaaaaaa We house them , Feed them pay for all their medical/Social welfare........ waste 100,000's on courts and bul****e now you want use to pay for their F*CKIN career in motor sport HaHaHaHaHaHa. find out whats their favorite bend on a road stop all other traffic back out a 40th foot trailer and let them at it.
    Boo F*ckin Hoo joeDuffy

Jesus, I hope this is tounge in cheek, and if its not, I hope you never have anything to do with our judicial system.
    What happens when he ploughs through some innocent pedestrian crossing the street or mounts a foot path and kills someone?

I hope the people wishing death on others were tongue-in-cheek. What has what I suggested got to do with the judicial system? Why would you hope that I have nothing to do with it? I can admire skill without admiring or condoning the behaviour that displays that skill. Professional road racing is on closed roads so there wouldn't be any pedestrians crossing the street.

Whaaaaaaaa We house them , Feed them pay for all their medical/Social welfare........ waste 100,000's on courts and bul****e now you want use to pay for their F*CKIN career in motor sport HaHaHaHaHaHa. find out whats their favorite bend on a road stop all other traffic back out a 40th foot trailer and let them at it.
    Boo F*ckin Hoo joeDuffy

Calm down, sweetie.

Entering TT races year after year seems to be the easiest way to get yourself killed, going by all the memorial post my bike racing mates share on FB
    Tt racing is natural selection, Darwin awards style..

My son is dying figuratively to die literally road racing - he figures that it's better to die doing what you love than putting down 50 years day after day after day in some dreary job and paying an endless mortgage but he's very young yet... what does he know! :D

"A MAN WHO almost lost his life in a quad bike accident has finally received the required funding for a place in an Acquired Brain Injury Ireland facility, where he can continue his recovery" The Clondalkin man’s family launched a media campaign last month – now, funding’s been granted. The Journal

The victim from Darndale better get the same level of care as this fella.
    One self inflicted the other the result of reckless selfish behaviour and a typical I don't give shut about anyone else attitude.

If this clown had of caused an accident and caused serious harm to others would they give a sh#t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

I see the thread has gone off topic but I just wanted to say that I think there should be criminal charges for being in possession of a scrambler or any other non road worthy off-road vehicle without a motorsports licence. Owning one of those should be treated the same as owning a gun. In the wrong hands they can be a lethal weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

fryup wrote: »
    i know its a cold thing to say...but wouldn't been better for all concerned had this man died instantly ?

Dermot Stone: Terrible is the word, Father. I tell you Father terrible is too small a word, and you just look what you've done to your mother you lazy little bastard, you're useless! Now Father I'm sorry for him causing you all this trouble. God forgive me for saying this but wouldn't it have been better if he had been killed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,872 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

GarIT wrote: »
    I see the thread has gone off topic but I just wanted to say that I think there should be criminal charges for being in possession of a scrambler or any other non road worthy off-road vehicle without a motorsports licence. Owning one of those should be treated the same as owning a gun. In the wrong hands they can be a lethal weapon.

100%. Once saw an elderly lady have to literally jump aside when a little scumbag went full pelt down a narrow lane on a quad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Zaph wrote: »
    Driving past the Blanchardstown Centre today I saw an idiot of maybe 16 or 17 go flying through the roundabout just ahead of me on a scrambler. That he paid no attention to traffic coming from any other direction was bad enough, but to do it while pulling a wheelie and not wearing a helmet redefines stupidity. And while I'm not necessarily proud of it, there was a tiny part of me disappointed that he managed to complete the whole manoeuvre unscathed.

You're not alone. Every-time I see these sh*tbags acting the b*llocks I secretly hope their head becomes one with the road. And would I stop to help? Fcuk no.

Faith+1 wrote: »
    You're not alone. Every-time I see these sh*tbags acting the b*llocks I secretly hope their head becomes one with the road. And would I stop to help? Fcuk no.

That's what whistlin was invented for , just walk away;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

I see this every day in Tymon park in Tallaght, how someone hasnt been killed is a miracle

A young scrambler guy was killed in Kilnamanagh, just near by a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

scopper wrote: »
    A young scrambler guy was killed in Kilnamanagh, just near by a few years back.

One in Ballyfermot a couple of Christmases ago. I believe one was killed on a quad in Meath at Christmas a few years before that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

fryup wrote: »
    the lense of life....and lets face it this man (god love him) has no life now

Here is just one of many cases that gainsays your unrealistic pessimism

https://www.health24.com/Mental-Health/Brain/News/man-wakes-up-after-15-years-of-vegetative-state-20170928

He is still alive

Advertisement