Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Misuro B Sensor and Elite Turbo Muin

Options
  • 10-09-2018 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭

Anybody use

http://www.elite-it.com/en/products/global/trainers/sensors/misuro-b

with an Elite Turbo Muin where they are using the cadence/power readings over ant+ on a Garmin or other compatible GPS unit ?

If so do you find the power readings consistent ?

Is time needed to allow for the fluid to warm up to get accurate readings ?

And have you ever compared the readings with a power meter to see how close they are ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

I used to have one and always found the power reading from the Muin matched my powermeter almost perfectly (p2max powermeter). Cadence was a different story, if I recall you have to set the wheel diameter to something odd for the Elite.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Statler wrote: »
    I used to have one and always found the power reading from the Muin matched my powermeter almost perfectly (p2max powermeter). Cadence was a different story, if I recall you have to set the wheel diameter to something odd for the Elite.

Good to know as I have a P2MAX. Would need to check my serial number but suspect cadence is not supported. And tbh I cannot imagine how it could work it out as it would have no concept of the gear you are in, only how fast the drum is spinning. Anyway while its a nice to have can live without cadence.

"The type of data available varies based on the type of hometrainer:
    The sensor transmits speed and power data when used with Turbo Muin (serial nr 10000 to 30000), Turbo Muin thru-axle (serial nr A10001 to A30000) / Real Turbo Muin (serial nr 10000 to 30000).
    The sensor transmits speed, power and cadence data when used with Turbo Muin, Turbo Muin Smart B+ (serial nr from 30001) / Turbo Muin thru-axle (serial nr from A30001) / Real Turbo Muin B+ (Serial nr from 13001) / Volano / Turbo Roteo.
    On hometrainers that do not change resistance level: the sensor reads speed, power and cadence data.
    On hometrainers with multiple resistance levels, the sensor reads speed and cadence data."

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

Sorry bit of a brainfart there, I meant speed, not cadence...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,687 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

^^ Which is why I think many Zwift groups won't allow folks join in on Muin Turbo units.

Advertisement