Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Meters

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rhetoricman

thekooman wrote: »
    whats your plan? whats the end goal? racing, sportives, triathlon? when you need to peak?
    for bike racing i find the Zwift workouts less than 1 hour great...have a look on whatsonzwift.com(the wringer, the gorby, Emilys short mix, etc). 30, 1 min, 3min and 5 min efforts :D

Sportives... and to keep up with the young fellas!

Re Zwift, I haven't yet tried it yet but one colleague swears by it, must chance a free trial. I use TrainerRoad when I can't get out on the road.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Sportives? There's really no reason to have a power meter for them. I have one, I still don't quite know why other than I had the opportunity and money at the time. Utterly pointless unless you're racing to be honest or really like training and data.

New wheels on the other hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Oh good God.

Cop on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I bought a power meter in 2013 and its the best investment bike wise I've ever made. Would be lost training wise without it and it brings real meaning to those short but frequent turbo training sessions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

koutoubia wrote: »
    will top them up to 100% and see how many kms i get before getting to 10% or so

OK so my favero Assioma's.
    Since the last charge I have done circa 1000kms and about 38 hrs riding and the battery's are at about 35%. NOt gone into the red yet so probably another couple of hundred kms before they got very low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭JMcL

FYI, just posted an offer I got for 4iiii power meters over on the bargain alerts thread

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Odd issue with my Stages Gen 2 last 2 weeks, it has only been calibrating to a numeric value of 750 or less with the arm in the 12 o clock position. It will not calibrate in the normal 6 o'clock position. The wattage value to me is reading way off with some efforts being out by 100 watts or so if my HR values are correct.

I have opened a ticket but wondering if anyone else has experienced same?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭S_D

I ended up going with the Garmin VEctor 3 and love them! No issues and a great piece of kit

Advertisement