Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Septic tank costs

Options
  • 10-09-2018 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭

I'm considering buying a house that has no septic tank (currently shares with next door, but any sale will be subject to planning being granted for its own system). Could you give me a ballpark figure for installing a new septic tank? House is in Connemara, so I imagine I'll need to add a bit extra for rockbreaking!

Also, if anyone could give an idea of costs for a rewire & plumb for a smallish 3-bed 80s bungalow, to a basic standard, I'd appreciate it. Back-of-envelope calculations are welcome, I just want a rough idea of what I'd be looking at.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,373 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Sewage treatment units themselves cost 2500 to 3000 euro. You then have to add in installation, construction of percolation system which will consist of percolation pipe in stone filled trenches, pipework from house to sewage system, power supply from house to sewage system, commissioning of the system once installed.
    If the ground is rock, you will likely have to install a raised percolation bed which will involve more cost.
    Possibly 7k to 8k.
    Who is looking after the Planning permission side of things?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

mickdw wrote: »
    Sewage treatment units themselves cost 2500 to 3000 euro. You then have to add in installation, construction of percolation system which will consist of percolation pipe in stone filled trenches, pipework from house to sewage system, power supply from house to sewage system, commissioning of the system once installed.
    If the ground is rock, you will likely have to install a raised percolation bed which will involve more cost.
    Possibly 7k to 8k.
    Who is looking after the Planning permission side of things?

Great, thanks Mick. That's really helpful in giving me an idea of what's involved.

Seller is looking after the planning, so that's one less thing to worry about!

Advertisement