Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lets Tri cavan

• 10-09-2018 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

First time doing this race in Cavan's Killykeen Forest Park. I like these smaller triathlons in that they are more intimate and logistically they seem to go off with a hitch, plus its easier to get in to and out of the triathlon course.

The swim was in a lake and was literally a straight line down the shore (after we had walked 800m along a dirt track). The cycle route was probably the most technically demanding I had ever encountered in a race. It was 22km of relentless bends and undulations. There werent any huge hills, except for one 9% climb but was zapped the energy was the constant twists, turns and short inclines which prevented you from settling into any rhythm at all.

The run was a trail run through the forest. All in all it was a good day out and certainly a triathlon id recommend, although you might want to opt for a roadbike over the tt bike. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

When was that on sat or sun?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭TriFirst

Bertje14 wrote: »
    When was that on sat or sun?

That was Saturday at 1pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Bertje14

1 pm start that was good.  If I know that. ah well always next year

Advertisement