Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best baby monitor - 2 rooms

• 10-09-2018 5:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭

Our eldest is 4 now but we still like to keep a monitor in her room, her little sister is due in a few weeks so looking for a monitor that could monitor both rooms, video would be nice but dont really mind, we never had it before, range is important,

any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭farmchoice

i think it might be time to cut the cord with the 4 year old, this is your chance, anyway i can assure you when number 2 arrives you will find you have very little time to be watching your 4 year old sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

farmchoice wrote: »
    i think it might be time to cut the cord with the 4 year old, this is your chance, anyway i can assure you when number 2 arrives you will find you have very little time to be watching your 4 year old sleep.

its a sound only one we have for her and its still needed unfortunately, she is a good sleeper but when she wakes up she doesnt leave her room and shouts until someone comes down, with a baby in the room next door its not ideal...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I'm afraid I'm with farmchoice on this one.
    Unfortunately "ideal" goes out the window when no.2 and subsequent arrive.Our no.1 never left the bed either, now no.2 is the ringleader in the two of them bursting in the bedroom door every morning, waking us and no.3.Likelihood is the baby will sleep through it anyway.Also your sleep will be with one ear open, you are likely to hear her.
    Our no.3 is currently 18 weeks and sleeping through the conversion of an attic.They become immune to the noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Like yours our 3.5 year old calls out to us rather than getting up herself, we just got a complete second sound only monitor for the baby and it has been doing the job for last 5 months anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We also had monitors at that age when number 2 came along. Our sitting room is out in an extension to the house quite far from the stairs/bedroom so in the evenings we used it to keep an ear if they were crying or calling etc.
    But we had two monitors, one for each. The 4 year olds one was just very basic sound only from Smyths, and angelcare for the baby. The main reason for two is say the baby is crying or one of you is in their room and you want to turn their monitor off downstairs or in the bedroom then you’ve no way of hearing the second child. Also sometimes if it’s just one or two noises it can actually be hard to tell which child it is if there’s only one monitor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

sillysocks wrote: »
    We also had monitors at that age when number 2 came along. Our sitting room is out in an extension to the house quite far from the stairs/bedroom so in the evenings we used it to keep an ear if they were crying or calling etc.
    But we had two monitors, one for each. The 4 year olds one was just very basic sound only from Smyths, and angelcare for the baby. The main reason for two is say the baby is crying or one of you is in their room and you want to turn their monitor off downstairs or in the bedroom then you’ve no way of hearing the second child. Also sometimes if it’s just one or two noises it can actually be hard to tell which child it is if there’s only one monitor!
    Think I’ll do that basic sound only for 4 year old and something better for the baby

Advertisement