Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir activating line for new estate

Options
  • 10-09-2018 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Just trying to get some advice on how we could get eir to activate lines in our estate faster. We moved into a new build estate over a year ago and still have no phone lines or broadband. This issue is affecting half of the estate only as the first phase of houses was build earlier and have internet fine.

We have called eir over 20 times in the last year and after been given a date for when the lines will be active, when that time passes they just give you new date. The lines have been layed but they are stating there is some activation issue and last word was we have to wait until spring before it will be looked at.

A couple of us in the estate have signed patitions, logged complaints with comreg and went to our local TD's but all to no avail.

Wanted to see if anyone else has had such an issue and if there was anything you did to get them to activate the lines quicker for you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

syrana wrote: »
    Just trying to get some advice on how we could get eir to activate lines in our estate faster. We moved into a new build estate over a year ago and still have no phone lines or broadband. This issue is affecting half of the estate only as the first phase of houses was build earlier and have internet fine.

We have called eir over 20 times in the last year and after been given a date for when the lines will be active, when that time passes they just give you new date. The lines have been layed but they are stating there is some activation issue and last word was we have to wait until spring before it will be looked at.

A couple of us in the estate have signed patitions, logged complaints with comreg and went to our local TD's but all to no avail.

Wanted to see if anyone else has had such an issue and if there was anything you did to get them to activate the lines quicker for you.
    Hi syrana, 

With brand new estates like this, the work can take some time to go ahead as there is an extensive amount of work required. There are also many factors involved in getting the eir service up and running on a new estate and the timeframe will be depending on the what exactly is needed.

I understand this can be frustrating. If you PM me your account/order number, full name on the account, email address and date of birth and I'll have a look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Chris Partlow

I'm in almost the exact same boat Syrana. Bought a new house earlier in the year in an estate in Cork, the older houses in the estate have broadband, the new ones don't. 

I've been in touch with Eir over the last few months when I was given a "forecast date" by which time broadband was supposed to be up and running. The date given was for August (I was also advised that they nearly always have the work completed before the forecast date... In my naivety I believed them!). After the first forecast date was missed, I was given another forecast date, since this one was missed I haven't been given new a date but promised a callback on four separate occasions. I did receive one call back from the agent who took my call who advised me he had no update but a supervisor would be in touch the same day and if not, he would be in touch again himself in the next day with an update... I never heard back from him. 

I've spend hours on hold to the technical support team... who seem to inevitably put me on hold again after I eventually get through to them... only to inevitably tell me they have no update and someone will ring me back... who inevitably doesn't ring me. I've also been told the only way I can contact them is to ring them.

I find it incredible that it is so hard to get information on a simply question: do you know when the broadband cables will be laid? if not, can you put in touch with someone who does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Chris,

If you would like to PM us with your details we can view our internal rollout map and provide you with as much information as we have available to us here.

This map is updated every 6 months however if an update is not available then we would not have a point of contact to refer you to for further information as it would mean that there are no planned dates for your estate as of yet.

Thanks,

Sarah

eir: Sarah wrote: »
    Hi Chris,

If you would like to PM us with your details we can view our internal rollout map and provide you with as much information as we have available to us here.

This map is updated every 6 months however if an update is not available then we would not have a point of contact to refer you to for further information as it would mean that there are no planned dates for your estate as of yet.

Thanks,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah, 

I don't think the rollout map is the issue. My estate falls under the covered area on the rollout map for fibre broadband. The issue here is finding out what the latest progress on laying the cables is. The technical support agents were able to tell me that the contactors who are meant to lay the cables were out on site recently, but didnt lay the cables. No one seems to be able to tell what they did do, what issues they might have come across or when they are due to return...

I will PM you my details.

Thanks.

Hi Sarah, I've sent you my details as requested, along with a follow up message, but I have not heard anything back.

Can somebody please respond to query?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi Sarah, I've sent you my details as requested, along with a follow up message, but I have not heard anything back.

Hi Chris, 

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Sarah will come back to you as soon as possible through PM's. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

I'm yet to have my message above even acknowledged by Sarah, let alone responded to. Can someone please come back to me on this?? All I want to know is when my broadband is due to be installed... It shouldn't be this difficult to get a response on this.

I sent this post a week ago.... and that's after spending weeks calling and looking for an answer that way. Very frustrating.

I'm yet to have my message above even acknowledged by Sarah, let alone responded to. Can someone please come back to me on this?? All I want to know is when my broadband is due to be installed... It shouldn't be this difficult to get a response on this.

I sent this post a week ago.... and that's after spending weeks calling and looking for an answer that way. Very frustrating.

Is there a reason that no eir reps will respond to me?

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Still have no idea when, or if, we will be able to get broadband. 

7 posts and 2 PM's here, countless unsuccessful calls to "technical support" over the last few months and countless promises of call backs. A simple query being met with radio silence. They clearly could not care less.

eir are an absolute joke. 

I'll be strongly recommending people steer well clear, and I'll be taking my business elsewhere for mobile and broadband first chance I get. 

• Advertisement
Advertisement