Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise A+E

Options
  • 10-09-2018 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭

Visited with a family member just now. They were seen quickly, thoroughly examined and admitted. Can’t fault the service at all I’ve witnessed. All the talk of closing this A and E Don’t let it happen! I’m from the neighboring county (Tipperary) and if only people in Laois could see what it’s like to lose your A and E to a “centre of excellence” in Limerick, waiting on chairs for surgeons that never seem to turn up, constant superbug outbreaks etc. I know Portlaoise has it’s problems but it’s nothing as bad as the Midwest. Please resist any attempt of closure. You’ve no idea how lucky you are to have the A+E compared to the Midwest region.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

If you're happy with the service, please write and tell the A&E staff.
    I find the majority of people moan and give out, but too few praise a service where credit is due.

It would life the morale of a busy unit to see your post.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,861 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I was in and out a few times last year and I have to say, despite the pressure and workload I couldn't fault the staff.

The first time I turned up I was seen pretty much immediately. Subsequent visits for the same thing were handled very well. Far better care than the excuse for a GP I tried beforehand (which is why I ended up in A&E in the first place.. he was more concerned with lining me up for expensive general check-ups than actually examining me for the problem I went to him with).

Advertisement