Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maximum amount of .1 increases

Options
  • 10-09-2018 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭

Had a look online but couldn't find anything on it. Just wondering what the maximum amount of .1 increases are for Cat 1. I know it's one whole shot from your lowest that year for Cat 2 and upwards. I'm cat 1 and have increased more than one whole shot this year from my lowest.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

I noticed this myself. I'm Cat 2 and am up 1.1 now from my lowest this year. Have they removed the cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

I noticed this myself. I'm Cat 2 and am up 1.1 now from my lowest this year. Have they removed the cap?

I just thought it was a cat 1 thing. Strange as I didn't hear anything about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭paulos53

AFAIK it is only category 1 that get unlimited 0.1 increases.

I am category 2 and my increases were limited to 1.0 this year. I was outside the buffer in 2 further competitions without an increase. Fortunately I managed to get a big cut to wipe out that 1.0 increase (and a little bit more for good measure). :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

paulos53 wrote: »
    AFAIK it is only category 1 that get unlimited 0.1 increases.

I am category 2 and my increases were limited to 1.0 this year. I was outside the buffer in 2 further competitions without an increase. Fortunately I managed to get a big cut to wipe out that 1.0 increase (and a little bit more for good measure). :)

Just double checked. Had my numbers wrong, I've hit the 1 above last weekend, so I could well be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭Benicetomonty

Im cat 1 and hit my limit last year. But never happened this year, got well over the shot back before getting cut again. Dont understand what the story is tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

There is no 1sl for Cat 1 golfers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Yeah. It's local to Ireland only though. As is the whole one stroke limit thing.
    20.10 Increases in Exact Handicaps should not be subject to restriction unless a Union so directs. A Union may restrict the increase of Exact Handicaps to a maximum of 1.0 stroke in a calendar year except for increases granted under Clause 23.
    Ireland directs that the increase of the lowest Exact Handicap under this clause is restricted to a maximum of 1.0 stroke for Category 2 and above, it does not apply to Category 1 players. England, Scotland and Wales make no direction under this clause.

Thanks lads.

There certainly was last year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

If I keep going the way I’m going I’ll hit my limit shortly. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

There certainly was last year.

Good to see the system working properly against blatant handicap builders like you!

:pac:

Rikand wrote: »
    Good to see the system working properly against blatant handicap builders like you!

:pac:

Im the other end of the problem, involving players who manage to maintain a lowish handicap whilst all too often being unable to break 80 😢

Still dont understand why I had the limit last year but not this year.

Im the other end of the problem, involving players who manage to maintain a lowish handicap whilst all too often being unable to break 80 ��

Still dont understand why I had the limit last year but not this year.

They must have changed it this year. I've contacted the GUI and await their response.

They must have changed it this year. I've contacted the GUI and await their response.

It only came into effect this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Exactly wrote: »
    It only came into effect this year.
    Yeah. That bit I quoted is from the very latest CONGU manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Golfgraffix

This was the response I got a while back from the Leinster Branch

Thank you for your email.
    There was a change introduced this year whereby the one shot limit does not apply to Category 1 Players until they reach Category 2. For further information please refer to Clause 20.10 in the CONGU Manual which states -
    Ireland directs that the increase of the lowest Exact Handicap under this clause is restricted to a maximum of 1.0 stroke for Category 2 and above, it does not apply to Category 1 players. England, Scotland and Wales make no direction under this clause.

Advertisement