Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Justice Served??

• 10-09-2018 8:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/crime/locals-serve-brutal-street-justice-13222599

"Here is an alleged burglar who suffered brutal street justice after locals caught him leaving a burgled house in an Irish estate.

Sources said that the man was one of two alleged burglars who had kicked in the door of a house at Churchfield Greens, on the north side of Cork city, on Sunday night."

Does AH people think they deserved it?Or is it step in the wrong direction for Irish society?

I'd say yes, people won't ring the gardai,as you'd be dead by the time they arrived.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Maybe they tripped on the step whilst leaving the house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Deserved it. Maybe they’ll think twice before burgling again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Yes... unlike a suspended sentence maybe a good beating will have them think twice before they break into another house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭CinemaGuy45

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

beertons wrote: »
    Maybe they tripped on the step whilst leaving the house?

shoplifter-meets-a-marine.jpg?w=980&q=75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

proper order, risky business robbing houses on corks northside

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

In this case I don't mind a bit of vigilantism. Scumbag was caught red-handed and got his árse kicked. A reading from the Gospel according to Nally.

The new breed of "Facebook Vigilantism" where people share a photograph of a supposed pedophile without knowing the full story is dangerous and to be discouraged.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

Does AH people think they deserved it?Or is it step in the wrong direction for Irish society?

I'd say yes, people won't ring the gardai,as you'd be dead by the time they arrived.

They were caught in the act of robbing a persons home. IMO they deserved to have seven shades kicked out of them. That doesn’t tend to happen to people who commit burglary and perhaps it should, and more often, to act as a deterrent to would be burglars rather than expect law abiding citizens to have to put up with a farcical system of justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Them curbs are shocking bad there they must have tripped alright.

Pity this doesn't happen more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Are Am Eye

In the old Soviet Union it was a common occurrence for a prisoner to fall out a second or third floor window whilst trying to escape from a Police Barracks. Cost efficient.

• Advertisement

"Gardaí are appealing any witnesses to contact Gurranabraher on 021 4946200."

Yeah, right I am sure they will be getting a flood of calls.
    Guards not interested in homes getting ransacked and public not interested in scum getting a bit of alleged street justice.

I like how the paper says alleged burglars but is dead sure about the vicious street justice.

Why are the Guards wasting scarce resources investigating this alleged affray?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Looks like we're all in violent agreement :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,211 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

jon1981 wrote: »
    Looks like we're all in violent agreement :D

Might even be a first for AH :pac:

NOT FOR THE SQUEAMISH:
    https://i2-prod.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article13222632.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_manJPG.jpg

https://i2-prod.irishmirror.ie/incoming/article13222668.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/0_man2JPG.jpg
    Well, they got their pictures in the paper I sure most that know them would say they never looked better.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Grew up in that part of the city and my mother still lives there. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to rob houses in one of the roughest parts of cork didn't have much of a brain to damage. Lots of rumours going around as to what condition the lads are in but from the pictures i've seen they got a bad bad beating and possibly had fingers lobbed off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Looks like they won't be stealing anything for a while.

Scum like that often prey on elderly defenceless people, it's nice to see them get some of their own medicine.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,152 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Looks like he really messed up his face in the fall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,854 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The thing that bugs me about this is this lad will be in A&E/hospital wards taking up space now from other people.
    Then he might be able to get onto some kind of illness benefit for years or even life with no pressure to do courses/etc.
    It might keep him out of this sort of petty criminality depending on how he recovers from his injuries.
    There's also the issue of copy cat attacks which could end up being fatal and the people would have to live with killing somebody which isn't an easy thing to do.
    These people generally come from rough enough families and they could make your and your families he'll if you were involved in the assault.

These people generally come from rough enough families and they could make your and your families he'll if you were involved in the assault.

Alleged assault looks like a pretty nasty fall to me.
    Maybe they could sue the local authority for the state of the footpaths.

Live by the sword...

• Advertisement

Alleged assault looks like a pretty nasty fall to me.
    Maybe they could sue the local authority for the state of the footpaths.

I don't know what happened here.
    I think my point is if you assaulted a burgular. It mightn't be worth it in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I don't know what happened her.
    I think my point is if you assaulted a burgular. It mightn't be worth it in the long run.

True, need to full Nally.

I don't know what happened here.
    I think my point is if you assaulted a burglar. It mightn't be worth it in the long run.

Yes, I know what you're saying risky alright.
    Hopefully, they won't be in any condition to identify any of their alleged attackers.

The thing that bugs me about this is this lad will be in A&E/hospital wards taking up space now from other people.
    Then he might be able to get onto some kind of illness benefit for years or even life with no pressure to do courses/etc.
    It might keep him out of this sort of petty criminality depending on how he recovers from his injuries.
    There's also the issue of copy cat attacks which could end up being fatal and the people would have to live with killing somebody which isn't an easy thing to do.

Well the families in that area are no pushovers as seen in the pictures.they won't lose sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

I hope those chaps can move on, and arent too traumatised from the nights events.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Deserved it. Maybe they’ll think twice before burgling again.

He saw Keano on the telly at the match in Cardiff and reckoned now was his chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Some hardy boys in Churchfield. Reminds me of that poor bastard who tried to rob a caravan in Dunsink last year. What does be going through these people's heads in order to think that's a good idea? Surely there's less risky gaffs to rob?

Also have no sympathy for thieving c*nts robbing working class people. Deserve everything they get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Why did this gang (from tipp and Dublin so probably well travelled) choose a house on the north of cork city, hardly a rich area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

At least the grass broke his fall, the poor mite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Jack Moore

As the Yong lad who encountered my dogs once told me “I’m sorry I picked the wrong house”
    I’m the funt in the runners I don’t need to outrun the leopard only the other guy
    And so is my village ( we have no crime. Is we wouldn’t report it we’d just be ready next time)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Jack Moore wrote: »
    As the Yong lad who encountered my dogs once told me “I’m sorry I picked the wrong house”
    I’m the funt in the runners I don’t need to outrun the leopard only the other guy
    And so is my village ( we have no crime. Is we wouldn’t report it we’d just be ready next time)

gZXgCZDlOgNI.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7 arcticthistle

So what was the problem with punishment beatings and kneecappings for criminality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

So what was the problem with punishment beatings and kneecappings for criminality?

People ended up using them to settle personal disputes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

endacl wrote: »

Dim curbs are fairly slippery alright! Kinda nearly as bad as when you trip and stumble into a brick wall 17 times, due to the effect of bouncy bricks...

Agree to a point but the other side is he and most like him or both of them is they will never contribute to society and always have been a drain on resources and always will.

These scum bags will get dole either way and best of health as they will never pay for anything.

Terrorising people in their homes and getting away with it.

I'm glad the met force as our police force are more then useless and have feck all powers to stop this huge problem.

Courts need to be overhauled and a new super prison built to house these a holes.

• Advertisement

Agree to a point but the other side is he and most like him or both of them is they will never contribute to society and always have been a drain on resources and always will.

These scum bags will get dole either way and best of health as they will never pay for anything.

Terrorising people in their homes and getting away with it.

I'm glad the met force as our police force are more then useless and have feck all powers to stop this huge problem.

Courts need to be overhauled and a new super prison built to house these a holes.

Oh yes I do agree with you.
    I just wouldn't want some person go take the law into their own and end up with a unbearable life afterwords because of them.

Just saw those photos...quality is poor but does appear to be missing a few fingers but could be mistaken.

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    Dim curbs are fairly slippery alright! Kinda nearly as bad as when you trip and stumble into a brick wall 17 times, due to the effect of bouncy bricks...

Them pesky kerbs and good dang them pesky walls you would swear they came out of nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Thoroughly deserved. They weren’t from the area and travelled specifically to carry out burglaries. You can be sure that they weren’t going to stop at just one house. If this happened more often then scumbag travelling criminals might think twice about what they’re doing. I hope it happens more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Thud

smurgen wrote: »
    Grew up in that part of the city and my mother still lives there. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to rob houses in one of the roughest parts of cork didn't have much of a brain to damage. Lots of rumours going around as to what condition the lads are in but from the pictures i've seen they got a bad bad beating and possibly had fingers lobbed off.
    Why did this gang (from tipp and Dublin so probably well travelled) choose a house on the north of cork city, hardly a rich area?

smells fishy, gang related?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 trik

FTA69 wrote: »
    Also have no sympathy for thieving c*nts robbing working class people. Deserve everything they get.

So you'd have sympathy for thieves who were robbing people who are not working class?

Thud wrote: »

smells fishy, gang related?

From the rumour mill it seems the lads were armed and were disarmed. And were caught literally taking a tv out of the house.also heard it was a guy and his eldery mother living in the house and some tough youngfellas in the estate seen it and decided to get stuck in.

trik wrote: »
    So you'd have sympathy for thieves who were robbing people who are not working class?

/popcorn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Outsiders, Bull! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭Red_Wake

A pleasant change from hearing about burglars leaving the elderly injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

From the rumour mill it seems the lads were armed and were disarmed. And were caught literally taking a tv out of the house.also heard it was a guy and his eldery mother living in the house and some tough youngfellas in the estate seen it and decided to get stuck in.

I've zero sympathy anyway. Scumbags got what they deserved, it's only a pity it doesn't happen a bit more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

endacl wrote: »

Do you even need Snopes to know that last paragraph was made up?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/marine-layer/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Best news I heard all day.

I don't like Violence as much as next person but if your going steal, rob or hurt someone else and it comes back in your face then no sympathy.

People have a right to defend their property or valuables that they have worked for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

trik wrote: »

No. I don't agree with thievery full stop. However as someone from a working-class background, there is a special lowness to those who prey on people they know full well have very little in life and these type of scumbags contribute to communities like mine going to sh*t. They affect these areas far disproportionately with their antics.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

With all the bad news in the world, this is a nice story to read about in the morning.

Like most people, I'm generally against violence but in this case, I have zero sympathy for the burglars and I believe that the locals did the world a favour. You can be sure that these burglars weren't on their first burglary nor were they going to stop after this one. The action taken by the locals provided both a punishment for what they did in the past as well as a deterrent against what they were planning to do in the future. I have a feeling that there will have been a better lesson learned here than any suspended sentence would have given.

• Advertisement
Advertisement