Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Civilian Big Brother UK 2018 (1)

• 10-09-2018 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

As you were...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,689 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Just going to start this off with hatred, from the snippets we heard tonight I hate all of them equally except the vegan. Her I hate the most

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Celebrity Big Brother is over........:(

Won't be long to wait for our next fix of Big Brother, Friday at 9 for 53 days !! :eek:

Clips have shown....gay farmer from Tip...Veganism will be topical....we will be vlogged out of it....with a heavy spiritual feature....a semi pro footballer who likes.....you guessed it ......BANTER

What could go wrong :pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Celebrity Big Brother is over........:(

Won't be long to wait for our next fix of Big Brother, Friday at 9 for 53 days !! :eek:

Clips have shown....gay farmer from Tip...Veganism will be topical....we will be vlogged out of it....with a heavy spiritual feature....a semi pro footballer who likes.....you guessed it ......BANTER

What could go wrong :pac::pac:
    Will it really be 53 days?!
    Holy budda!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

deco nate wrote: »
    Will it really be 53 days?!
    Holy budda!!

Can't wait , dark , cold , dreary evenings , fire lighting and nothing but slagging , slating and sassiness on the thread , what more could we ask for :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

After seeing clips of the housemates I don’t hold out much hope for this series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Oh no!! I missed the snippets! I was drifting in and out of sleep during a lot of the CBB final. Whoops!

After seeing clips of the housemates I don’t hold out much hope for this series.

I didn't catch much of the clips of the hm's tbh , was just back in the door .

I'll look forward to it anyway , sometimes the ones that seem to be bad are the best in the end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

With the HM's they are going to put in I expect a big divide, well I hope so..
    If I was in there and it came to getting the shopping in.. No, I'm tell you that's not enough bacon. NO! Avocados cost too much.

Oh and some burgers, 2 kg should last a week. And 3 kg of sausages, everyone OK with a rack of lamb too, yes? Cool...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,859 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The semi pro footballer said banter :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

The oldest person was 34 or something?

Why can't they put in a variety of age groups and backgrounds.
    A load of youngsters without a brain between them gets old real quickly.

Pity because the older people really added to the celebrity one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Alice1

I just know the vegan wan will annoy me head

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Anyone have a link to contestants? Hoping it's a good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Hate them all. I'm totally ageist here. had to laugh when Emma & Rylan said there was a lot of diversity. Yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

Excuse my ignorance but is the person from Tipp a man or a woman, I couldn't tell when Emma played the clip last night

#nooffence

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

skipper_G wrote:
    Just going to start this off with hatred, from the snippets we heard tonight I hate all of them equally except the vegan. Her I hate the most

This is exactly how I feel , couldn't have said it better . bring it on !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Howaya, after that muck, this can't be any worse, or can it?

giphy.gif

Thank the stars the thread title has been fixed. No offence Deco but the small bb was driving me crazy. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Mod: Me too. *ahem* :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

53 days! Glad that BB has gone back to his roots. No shams that have popped up on other shows. And a gay Irish farmer from Tipp. I'm sold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I'll be watching a day behind, can't be bothered waiting until 10pm each night for it and sitting through ads.

Unless murder kicks off, but if it does you guys will let me know fairly lively anyway. :D

BazBox wrote: »
    Excuse my ignorance but is the person from Tipp a man or a woman, I couldn't tell when Emma played the clip last night

#nooffence

Ah it definitely looks like a man on C5 poll. Moustache and all. Nothing would surprise me though. :eek:

We can vote on the C5 poll by the way. Go on and give him a vote for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,229 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

looking forward to it. i have a feeling it will actually be a good series this year.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

BBFAN wrote: »
    I'll be watching a day behind, can't be bothered waiting until 10pm each night for it and sitting through ads.

Unless murder kicks off, but if it does you guys will let me know fairly lively anyway. :D

Its on at 10 every night? I'll be in the same boat as you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭BazBox

BBFAN wrote: »
    Ah it definitely looks like a man on C5 poll. Moustache and all. Nothing would surprise me though. :eek:

We can vote on the C5 poll by the way. Go on and give him a vote for the craic.

Didn't even think to go there and look. Yeah I'd say its's a man then.

Roll on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Why he the fcuk are the contestants all so young? Making me feel over the hill here at 39 :rolleyes:

Kolido wrote: »
    Its on at 10 every night? I'll be in the same boat as you then.

Why don't we all agree to watch a day behind a la EOTR and not read the news articles. :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Something I'm looking forward is the fact that they aren't celebrities and have no reputation to protect.

Hoping it would be fake nicey niceness to look good on camera and rather fame hungry crazy people pitted against eachother.

• Advertisement

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Something I'm looking forward is the fact that they aren't celebrities and have no reputation to protect.

Hoping it would be fake nicey niceness to look good on camera and rather fame hungry crazy people pitted against eachother.

Was thinking the same here , just ordinary people for once !
    It's how is started originally and am glad it has gone back to that now , let's hope they give them decent tasks and ration the food and alcohol also , make them mean and wanting to pass tasks then :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Ok I’m gonna give it a go this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭wyrn

Ok I’m gonna give it a go this year!
    sjdzrSM.gif?noredirect

wyrn wrote: »
    sjdzrSM.gif?noredirect

Oh wryn where did you find the gif of me coming home from ep last Monday ;)

I felt cheated by the celeb one and I stopped watching it halfway so I’m ready to commit to this... I think :)

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭crustybla

Hopefully they'll have a couple of smokers in there and do the shopping tasks of old. Remember when they were on rations and the smokers wanted cigs?
    giphy.gif

By the way, I absorbed every post in the CBB thread with pure joy. Lots of lols from Crusty. I couldn't keep up and was watching show the following day. Good to see you're all in good form and some new clique thread members to keep the lols coming.:Dx

• Advertisement

I recall one year they ran out of tobaco and they were trying to smoke banana skins but bb was having none of it. Am I dreaming or did that really happen?

I have no idea but it wouldn't surprise me!

Kolido wrote: »
    I recall one year they ran out of tobaco and they were trying to smoke banana skins but bb was having none of it. Am I dreaming or did that really happen?

I remember that. BB had to tell them it wasn’t safe to smoke banana skins. :D

I hope they have some more physics tasks for them. I remember one task where the had to cycle 3000km on two exercise bikes. It meant they had to cycle 24 hours a day and cycle in shifts. I love these kind of tasks.

I also loved the tasks on series 3 when they had the rich and poor sides of the house. The housemates had to really compete in the tasks then.

Fantastic memories Meauld! Does anyone remember the one where they had to ignore stuff going on around them? I don't remember which year but it was ages ago, I think they had tourists going around the house and stuff like that and they had to pretend not to notice. Chr1st I hope we're not disappointed with this one lads.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Ah I can’t wait. Cause even if the show is sh!te you know the thread will still be class!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

I'm still recovering from Joe's eyeliner. Not a good look.

The dance in service 2 gave us this classic moment.

https://youtu.be/68Cgt6KIXck

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 25,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The dance in service 2 gave us this classic moment.

https://youtu.be/68Cgt6KIXck

I can’t stop watching him flip over....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Is this the last series? Haven't watched in years, not since that Tallafornia lad was on but if it's the last one I might tune in. Will be weird watching in Autumn but I like this scheduling better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Haven't watched in years but think i will this time.
    Will it be on any of the Irish channels or do you need sky?

Whispered wrote: »
    Haven't watched in years but think i will this time.
    Will it be on any of the Irish channels or do you need sky?

It’s on virgin media two. Or 3e from the old days :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,229 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

eviltwin wrote: »
    Is this the last series? Haven't watched in years, not since that Tallafornia lad was on but if it's the last one I might tune in. Will be weird watching in Autumn but I like this scheduling better.

as it stands it looks like it may not be the last series. there have been murmers of it being so but there has been no definite confirmation so far. you should give it a go anyway.

I'm very highly educated. I know words, i have the best words, nobody has better words then me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

as it stands it looks like it may not be the last series. there have been murmers of it being so but there has been no definite confirmation so far. you should give it a go anyway.

Think I will although the age profile of the housemates is an issue for me, I don't know why the can't have a diverse mix like they do with CBB. I'm sure plenty of "old" people apply.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Think I will although the age profile of the housemates is an issue for me, I don't know why the can't have a diverse mix like they do with CBB. I'm sure plenty of "old" people apply.

Totally agree, everyone saying the same on Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭moonage

53 days! Glad that BB has gone back to his roots. No shams that have popped up on other shows. And a gay Irish farmer from Tipp. I'm sold

I think 53 days makes it the second shortest British BB.

BB 8 (2007) was 94 days!

• Advertisement
Advertisement