Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyclist hit and run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

There is no excuse for this behaviour.

Homeless bike thief?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

some context might be good?
    not everyone can listen to the RTE player...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

Des from old bawn went to the bank in baggot st @ 10:45 am and broke his hip when he walked out the bank and was hit by a bike and cataupaulted him through the air and he landed on his side.

Allegedly cyclist ran a red light and was on the footpath, he weaved through the pedestrians with their lattes on the footpath, apologised and then cycled off when 999 was dialled. Cyclised also had an odour about him, and must have been taking 'substances', but he wasn't a leisure or commuter cyclist.

I gave up after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

Grassey wrote: »
    Des from old bawn went to the bank in baggot st @ 10:45 am and broke his hip when he walked out the bank and was hit by a bike and cataupaulted him through the air and he landed on his side.

Allegedly cyclist ran a red light and was on the footpath, he weaved through the pedestrians with their lattes on the footpath, apologised and then cycled off when 999 was dialled. Cyclised also had an odour about him, and must have been taking 'substances', but he wasn't a leisure or commuter cyclist.

I gave up after that.

and he "looked homeless" bike did not "match the look of the cyclist".

which is why i wondered if it was a bike thief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

I thought it was he didn't match the type of bike he was on.

I was wondering what Joe was trying to set up by - "What kind of cyclist was he.... a leisure cyclist, or a....."

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,591 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

(hushed tones) '...a triathlete?'

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭jack01986

There is a local crazy guy around that area who cycles along paths and against traffic shouting at people if the beep at him. Possibly him, he is a bit scruffy looking with big mutton chops.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Fian wrote:
    which is why i wondered if it was a bike thief.

Was the bike homeless by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

some context might be good?
    not everyone can listen to the RTE player...

Probably whineline so not even worth the time to listen to

• Registered Users Posts: 29,060 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Grassey wrote: »
    Allegedly cyclist ran a red light and was on the footpath,
    they have red lights on footpaths now?

Will we get a Liveline call for each person maimed by a car now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

they have red lights on footpaths now?

Will we get a Liveline call for each person maimed by a car now?

Running a red light and being on the path are mutually exclusive. He could very easily have mounted the path after breaking a red light.

Advertisement