Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General House Design Queries

Options
  • 10-09-2018 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭

Hi
    I am looking at designing a new house, either a cube type house with 2 floors or a storey and a half.
    I have some queries that need answering if people could help me....
    * I presume the MVHR runs in lengths of circular duct. With a traditional timber joist floor construction, where do people run the ducting to get it to where you want it to go. It seems to me the web trusses are the way to go because you can shove it anywhere you want. Height is an issue for me as there are bungalows either side ( 15m one side, 20m the other) so I cannot run it under the joists. Whats the norm?
    * I presume your standard timber joist first floor is insulated between the joists for 2 reasons ... to keep the heat below and to reduce sound transmission. Whats the best method of doing this.
    * Warm Roof versus Cold... which is better if height was an issue (cube design with flat roof and parapet option only).

Thanks
    :)

Advertisement