Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Proposed regulation of Air BnB

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    And if there's a facility to report them neighbours will report them.

There will be plenty of squealers if the facilities are there. A full list of registered bnbs can be put on line and anyone who sees a holiday letting can check if it is registered. All registered ones would have to have a specific bank account the money goes into. Plenty of spot checking and auditing plus massive fine and a lifetime ban would soon put a stop to it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭robp

godtabh wrote: »
    Planning permission.

Only B and Bs over four guest rooms. Very few air B nB are such size.

robp wrote: »
    Only B and Bs over four guest rooms. .
    Provided the owner is resident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

I also think this might be a populist play...will buy the government alittle more time as it gives the impression they are doing things. I still maintain it's a good thing but I'm not sure how much impact it will have on the current housing shortage and rental costs.

jon1981 wrote: »
    I also think this might be a populist play...will buy the government alittle more time as it gives the impression they are doing things.

They have been at that for years. rent controls, rapid build etc. etc. The problem has kept getting worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Heard on radio debate during week that air bnbs account for approx 0.6% of housing units. Thus all a big fanfare for the government to portray active remediation of the housing crisis which will achieve feck all.

TPF2012 wrote: »
    Heard on radio debate during week that air bnbs account for approx 0.6% of housing units. Thus all a big fanfare for the government to portray active remediation of the housing crisis which will achieve feck all.

How many housing units are there? How more any are needed? Is the number needed greater or lesser that 0.6% of the number existing housing units. If the number is greater, then by how much?

Advertisement