Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electrical moving to E&I

Options
  • 11-09-2018 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Am I mad ? 23yrs old.
    I am currently just out of phase 2 for electrical, while I was in tech I was introduced to the E&I instructor and his lads. Seems very interesting and I think I would be suited more to E&I than just electrical.

I'm about 92 weeks into my electrical apprenticeship so i'm not 100% sure about time transferring over or exam exemptions.
    Honestly the thought of just starting as a 1st year again is in my head but the only thing is my rate dropping.

Any advice or ideas would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Unknown95

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭RandomUsername

Unknown95 wrote: »
    Am I mad ? 23yrs old.
    I am currently just out of phase 2 for electrical, while I was in tech I was introduced to the E&I instructor and his lads. Seems very interesting and I think I would be suited more to E&I than just electrical.

I'm about 92 weeks into my electrical apprenticeship so i'm not 100% sure about time transferring over or exam exemptions.
    Honestly the thought of just starting as a 1st year again is in my head but the only thing is my rate dropping.

Any advice or ideas would be great.

I transferred from E to E&I about 9 months into my apprenticeship, even though I hadn't done any off the job training I still had to start from scratch. I doubt anything has changed so you would be starting from week 0 again.
    If you can handle the rate drop go for it.

Advertisement