Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback

Options
  • 11-09-2018 10:34am

I logged i nto my pigsback account this morning to find my 6002points gone. I collected these over the years and used them occasionally to get money off offers. I live in Limerick and no offers for this part of the country in years. I logged in this morning as saw an offer for Limerick city hotel. Hey presto O points balance. Inactivity for 3 months. Can they do this without notifying us??? Anyone else check their pigsback lately.
    Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,982 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You have probably posted in the wrong forum .. I dont think the aviation aficionados would be the right people to help. However if somebody can help you in here, I doff my hat to them :D
    You might be better asking a mod to move it to the consumer issues forum or contacting Pigsback directly

https://support.empathymarketing.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Phone: (01) 243 1900

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm not from these parts (:pac:), but I just lost the guts of 24,000 points, too. They've made them expire after three months' inactivity on the site, as opposed to the six months that were mentioned when they last notified me of changes in the T&C site a good few years ago. I got no notification of the new changes either. I've just sent them an email asking them to reinstate the points immediately. I'll see what they say, if they don't reinstate them I'll get in touch with CCPC.ie.

(Ditto for the unilateral change to the CherryPoints scheme in Vodafone a few months ago, BTW - I got no notification of that, either.)

• Registered Users Posts: 69,014 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Moved to more suitable forum

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Richie M

<SNIP> Please contact hello@boards.ie to request a verified representative account. Please do not post again until you have completed this process.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I don't know if this is of any use to anyone, but it was part of an email I got from Pigsback on 16/05/13 - IIRC, it was the last time that I got notified of any changes in the T&Cs in Pigsback:
    2. Improvement in PiggyPoints Expiry Rules

Where we previously expired PiggyPoints when accounts were inactive for 3 months, we are changing this to 12 months. So just stay active and stay rewarded.

• Advertisement
  • Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi guys,
    Richie M has been in contact to verify that he works for Empathy Marketing. This is their response to the query, please contact them directly if you have any further questions. Thanks.
    Evening All,

My name is Richard, I'm the current acting customer services manager for Empathy Marketing Ltd who owns and operates Pigsback.com.

Rest assured that a quick email to our support team or a quick telephone call and your points will be reinstated.

It is mentioned in our terms of service that points expire after 3 months of inactivity, however, we have never had an issue reinstating these on request.

I am assuming that the 6 months you are referring to is a mix-up of our offer of points on expired vouchers up to 6 months after their expiry date as per our 5 point promise.

If you have any further questions, you can contact us on helpdesk@pigsback.com or 01 243 1900

Richard M.

I got a reply this morning, my points have been re-credited.

Thank you, Richard & colleagues.

Advertisement