Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

submitting medical receipts

• 11-09-2018 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

Hi I am currently getting together the information needed for my income tax return again. I have always submitted any doctors receipts etc but also pharmacy dockets for prescriptions. Is this necessary to do as I've never been told otherwise but don't want to be unnecessarily photocopying everything. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭hjr

Nope, you make a claim, and you hold on to the receipts in the event of Revenue looking for the backup information.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭AvonEnniskerry

Apologies as I wasn't very clear. I submit copies to my accountant so they can do the sums. My accountant has never said to do otherwise but I'm wondering if the pharmacy slips are also necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭troyzer

Are you self employed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Apologies as I wasn't very clear. I submit copies to my accountant so they can do the sums. My accountant has never said to do otherwise but I'm wondering if the pharmacy slips are also necessary.

That's something to ask your accountant. If you provide just the figures to him, you must have the originals to back up the figures in case they are queried by Revenue. You must retain them for 6 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

That's something to ask your accountant. If you provide just the figures to him, you must have the originals to back up the figures in case they are queried by Revenue. You must retain them for 6 years.

The Revenue receipts tracker is very handy. No need to retain hard copies.

https://www.revenue.ie/en/online-services/services/common/manage-your-receipts-with-the-receipts-tracker.aspx

• Advertisement
Advertisement