Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aer lingus flights to Orlando 2018 v 2019

• 11-09-2018 11:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

i was just browsing and i see that return direct flights from Dublin to Orlando are coming in at €355 in November 2018. Does anyone know from memory of the price is this low every November? if so it could be worth waiting until November 2019 to book a trip for the family.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

For comparison purposes. Aer Lingus flights to Orlando direct, round trip, at €435, per Google flights today (September 15, 2018). Caution: I don't want to be a travel agent. Not for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

duffysfarm wrote: »
    i was just browsing and i see that return direct flights from Dublin to Orlando are coming in at €355 in November 2018. Does anyone know from memory of the price is this low every November? if so it could be worth waiting until November 2019 to book a trip for the family.

We were in Orlando last November and paid €418 with BA. They were the cheapest. €355 sounds extremely cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just make sure you are comparing like with like. Are Lingus now have a 'saver' fare option which doesn't include a checked bag or the use of headphones/blanket (bizarre things to leave out that most people won't care about!).

So to compare with last year's prices, make sure you select the 'smart' fare option as I don't think the saver option was there last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

no point in comparing last year's prices - it's not comparing like with like.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,272 CMod ✭✭✭✭Fathom

Airlines offer specials. Often without advance notice. Good to check frequently. Also, non-peak times have discounts.

• Advertisement
Advertisement