Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Excel Challenge

Options
  • 11-09-2018 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭54and56

Not sure if this is the right place to ask this but for the life of me I cannot replicate how to create this graph in Excel.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Excel-Chan1536665203.png

Comments

it looks like a 2d area graph with the x axis formatted to be on top... or do you mean you dont have the data?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭verycool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭ozmo

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭54and56

Wow, serious suggestions there guys.

I'll dive into them and see if I can replicate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,677 ✭✭✭54and56

bluewolf wrote: »
    it looks like a 2d area graph with the x axis formatted to be on top

Never knew you could move the X axis to the top but will figure out how to do so!
    bluewolf wrote: »
    or do you mean you don't have the data?

I don't have the actual data but am familiar with what it should look like so should be able to re-create my own version. It's like a moving normal distribution where each point on the X (top) axis has a range of probable values across 3 or 4 standard deviations thus forming the "wave" effect as the x axis value increases. (If that makes any sense!)

• Advertisement

Never knew you could move the X axis to the top but will figure out how to do so!

I don't have the actual data but am familiar with what it should look like so should be able to re-create my own version. It's like a moving normal distribution where each point on the X (top) axis has a range of probable values across 3 or 4 standard deviations thus forming the "wave" effect as the x axis value increases. (If that makes any sense!)

Cool you should be set so. you should get the wave effect if there's a different series for each result
    you can right click on the x axis when the graph is made, format axis, then there is a little dropdown with high/low/something else. select high and it'll do the job

Advertisement