Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confirmation on whether new contracts give totally unlimited broadband?

Options
  • 11-09-2018 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭

Hi

Can we get a definite answer on the above.
    If someone is an existing eir broadband customer can they get the above if they sign a new contract?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi

Can we get a definite answer on the above.
    If someone is an existing eir broadband customer can they get the above if they sign a new contract?

Thanks
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Hi Tigerandahalf, [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I was waiting on confirmation from senior management before confirming this. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]I can now confirm you can avail of our unlimited plan through our customer care team. They have been briefed on this and will now be processing the relevant changes upon your request. It is important to note that this is not an automatic change over therefore you will need to request this via 1901. Our representatives will address any queries you may have and also brief you on the exact procedure. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]Thanks [/font]

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Tracey [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

[font=Calibri, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, I was waiting on confirmation from senior management before confirming this. [/font]
    [font=Calibri, sans-serif]I can now confirm you can avail of our unlimited plan through our customer care team. They have been briefed on this and will now be processing the relevant changes upon your request. It is important to note that this is not an automatic change over therefore you will need to request this via 1901. Our representatives will address any queries you may have and also brief you on the exact procedure. [/font]

Thanks Tracey

Is 1901 a premium number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Thanks Tracey

Is 1901 a premium number?
    No problem. 

1901 is a freefone number. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

No problem. 

1901 is a freefone number. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Just rang there. There is at least a 10 minute wait. Surely there is a better way to do this.

Just rang there. There is at least a 10 minute wait. Surely there is a better way to do this.

I got through after 12 minutes. I reach some guy who doesn't know what Tracey has just told us. "Oh I'll put you on hold and I will ask." 15 minutes later and no response.

Christ Tracey, your company is an utter disaster for customer service.

For the love of god switch everyone over to unlimited and be done with it.

This is the sort of nonsense that would make you cancel one's direct debit.

• Advertisement

Tracey

Can you please confirm what exactly the situation is with unlimited fibre broadband?

1. Is everyone on a broadband contract now on a totally unlimited plan?

2. If not, how do people avail of the totallly unlimited cap?

3. If people are already in contracts do the remaining months get added on to new contracts?

4. Is there an easy way to do this other than ringing 1901?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Tracey

Can you please confirm what exactly the situation is with unlimited fibre broadband?

1. Is everyone on a broadband contract now on a totally unlimited plan?

2. If not, how do people avail of the totallly unlimited cap?

3. If people are already in contracts do the remaining months get added on to new contracts?

4. Is there an easy way to do this other than ringing 1901?

Thanks
    Hi Tigerandahalf,

Although eir aim to provide the unlimited allowance to all their customers, unfortunately it isn't systematically as easy as removing the cap therefore it is not an automatic changeover. Due to this certain changes or amendments will need to be made on each account and will differ depending on the type of account set up and existing services etc ,  Unless a customer requests to have the unlimited allowance their account will remain the same.

These requests will need to be made through our customer care team by calling 1901. In relation to existing contracts again this will differ depending on the account.

Thanks,

Sarah

Sarah

That is a load of rubbish.
    Basically what eir are trying to do is get existing customers to add even more to their bundles, squeeze more money out of people for services they don't want. My contract is up in a few months so I'll consider my options.

The pathetic level of customer service from eir won't help eir's cause. I can see why people are illegally streaming content when this is the level of service on offer.

Thank you for your help anyway and the others on here. I know you are only the messenger.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Sarah

That is a load of rubbish.
    Basically what eir are trying to do is get existing customers to add even more to their bundles, squeeze more money out of people for services they don't want. My contract is up in a few months so I'll consider my options.

The pathetic level of customer service from eir won't help eir's cause. I can see why people are illegally streaming content when this is the level of service on offer.

Thank you for your help anyway and the others on here. I know you are only the messenger.

Thanks
    I totally agree with the above post. Eir are gouging existing customers for more money to remove the caps. I certainly will move from Eir over this practice and will not bring more business to EIR even if it costs me more money for 3 mobiles I was considering to move to Eir.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Sarah can you confirm the the only way for existing customers to switch to an unlimited cap is by adding extra services to the account.
    It's confusing as your other posts suggest that all that is needed is to request be removed by contacting  1901 however this is not what we are told once we contact 1901.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Tracey, can you check if my new account is 'unlimited' or if there is a cap or FUP applied to it?

I wish to know very shortly, as if I cannot get a definitive answer I will consider cancelling my upgrade to fibre (within 14 days), and go with a different provider.

I have a couple of days left before I need to cancel .........

Advertisement