Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTD: Advice on broken flange of a DT Swiss 240s rear hub

Options
  • 11-09-2018 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭

Heard a 'clang' sound from the back wheel last week whilst riding to work - sounded like a spoke had just broken so I stopped to take a look but everything seemed fine. The wheel was running true and no loose spokes.
    Yesterday whilst cleaning the rear wheel, two of the spokes felt loose and when I went to pull them to test their tension they just fell off the hub. I realized the hub flange had cracked - was gutted as I'd spent a long time researching a decent set of hubs and then carefully built up the wheelset only to have one break like this after approx 15 months :mad: :(

460970.jpg

I guess this is not repairable - does anyone know if/where I can buy a replacement hub shell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

At 15 months, I'd be making contact with DT Swiss to ask about warranty.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭mp31

I forgot to point out that it was a 2nd hand hub - I took a gamble and lost.
    If all else fails I can always sell the freehub.

Advertisement