Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Gates Intercom question

Options
  • 11-09-2018 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi, advice required re Beninca electric gates system.

Beninca electric gate system is set up, outside there is a keypad with a call button to intercom in the house.

As I am not at home all of the time is it possible to add a gsm unit to the inside intercom? For example when outside call button is pressed, the inside intercom rings for a certain number of seconds but then goes on to ring my mobile through some kind of gsm unit(if the internal intercom isn't answered).

Al the best,

Hbab2009

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭hbab2009

Hi, Just a further update my system uses the ACT 5E wired intercom/keypad. Is there a GSM unit I could attach internally to the intercom inside the house? When the gate button is pressed it will ring the internal intercom and also activate the GSM unit which in turn would call my mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

hbab2009 wrote:
    Hi, Just a further update my system uses the ACT 5E wired intercom/keypad. Is there a GSM unit I could attach internally to the intercom inside the house? When the gate button is pressed it will ring the internal intercom and also activate the GSM unit which in turn would call my mobile.

No, the entire unit would need to be replaced with a GSM type intercom, basically the external call unit has a SIM card within it.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭hbab2009

Thank you kub, is there a GSM unit you would recommend?

Advertisement