Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get in touch with previous landlord

Options
  • 11-09-2018 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been living at home for the past year (Wicklow). Previously I lived in 3 places in Cork. House Shares.

My previous landlord was nice and said he'd write me a reference. But a year later, I cannot get a reply from him. Myself and my partner are looking to move out soon (in Dublin).

Do I make my own reference and stick a friend on it to pretend to be the landlord?

Do I just be honest, give them my work reference and tell them my previous landlord isn't replying to my request?

My girlfriend has been in a house share for 4 years and has a really good landlord reference. She still lives there, whilst I'm back at home (for 1 year), without a reference.

The 2 places I lived in before are so long ago, I don't have those landlord details.

Thanks

Advertisement