Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anyone there?

Options
  • 11-09-2018 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭

Being sent from pillar to post for a while now and can't seem to get a simple account move done. Another 30 minutes just wasted on your chat app with two separate people who firstly got someone else in a different department and then the other said to ring 1901.

When I did that, I get a message saying they are closed... at 15.40..

Is it possible to have someone actually deal with a customer to the point of actually resolving the issue, which seems to be related to your internal systems and processes, bearing in mind i have been sent to a store twice in relation to this and have been onto support or sales 5 or 6 times at this stage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭E30i

Just got the same message, Our call centre is currently closed, our opening hours are 8am to 6pm monday to Friday. 

Also this is to try and resolve an Eir cock up that I thought I'd resolved last week re a final bill.

Very frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

I've been trying to get an issue resolved since 27th August. The call centre only opens during business hours and I'm unable to waste time on the phone to them during work.

So I decide to finish work early to finally get it resolved and I call at 16:35 to discover everyone has fecked off home!!!
    I'm regretting making the decision to switch to eir!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Being sent from pillar to post for a while now and can't seem to get a simple account move done. Another 30 minutes just wasted on your chat app with two separate people who firstly got someone else in a different department and then the other said to ring 1901.

Is it possible to have someone actually deal with a customer to the point of actually resolving the issue, which seems to be related to your internal systems and processes, bearing in mind i have been sent to a store twice in relation to this and have been onto support or sales 5 or 6 times at this stage.
    Hi all, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account numbers, fulls names on the account, emails addresses and date of births and I'll look into your queries for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

A2LUE42 wrote: »

Hi all, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand this is frustrating. 

Feel free to PM me your account numbers, fulls names on the account, emails addresses and date of births and I'll look into your queries for you. 

Thanks 

Tracey 
    just before i do that. here is a summary of today.

Over 1 hour on the phone to 1901 customer care. End result - to tell me to go to store as what I need done can only be done there.
    Store - They put €1 on the prepay card that I need to switch my billpay account to, to then be able to put my existing number on that payg sim, to then be able to switch that payg account to a bill pay account to avail of the discount(misfortune) of also being a broadband and landline customer.
    But they cannot switch the number over, I need to ring customer care for that.
    Ring customer care again, they have a different version and their systems cant switch the number over, I need to go to a store to do that.

Are you people for real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Apologies for the confusion .

If you could PM your details I will be more than happy to look into this for you here.

Sarah

• Advertisement

pm sent just now. had also sent pm to tracey yesterday after the last post.

Don't have any other option at present. 1901 - say go to store. Store say ring 1901.. and in the meantime i am being billed at a 2 x rate..

I don't know why I bothered...

'Hi Mark,
    If you are looking to bundle a new SIM only plan with your landline and broadband then you would need to contact our sales team on 1901 and they will advise you further.
    Thanks,
    Sarah'

So, seems to have completely missed the part where I have been trying to do this for the last month and having now reached an impasse where 1901 are saying they cant do anything , go to the store and vice versa..

Can someone out there advise what alternative sim only plan would be available(From another provider), because this just doesn't seem to be worth the effort?

Looking for sim only, unlimited minutes and text with 15GB + of data.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭eir: Sarah

Hi Mark,

I have responded to your PM. When I receive the requested info I will do my best to get to the bottom of this and get you a resolution.

Thanks,

Sarah

Any sign of the resolution?

sarah ?

• Advertisement

sarah - any update ?

Complaint lodged with Comreg

this is unreal, 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dear Customer,[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you, we have received your complaint from www.eir.ie. Please note this is an automated response to the complaint you submitted on eir.ie.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The matter will be investigated and a member of the Customer Care Team or a representative from the appropriate business unit will be in touch with you within 2 working days with a view to resolving your issue.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Please be assured we have received your complaint and we aim to resolve this as soon as possible. This response has generated automatically, please do not reply to this e-mail.[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kind Regards,[/font]
    [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]eir Customer Care.[/font]

and still not a peep in response from eir... shocking customer service, if it could even be called customer service to just ignore your customers.

finally an update.... only problem with this is that 1901 and the store don't seem to be aware of these magical possibilities...

[font=Arial, sans-serif]In order to, change your, mobile number to the new plan, your first need to change the plan of your mobile to prepay number.[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] To change from bill pay to prepay you need to visit the nearby store or if you have a new prepay SIM with a number with it you can call our team at 1901 and they will help you with porting over from bill pay to prepay first and it will take 24 hours for the order to be completed[/font]

I have a new sim, have had for several weeks at this stage..
    but neither the store or 1901 seem able to do anything and both have repeatedly told me that only the other can resolve it..

hello...... anyone there who is able to do something other than not read the issue and give useless information that contradicts what the store and 1901 say.. in that both refuse to do anything?

Advertisement