Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Eir Customers Beware!

Options
  • 11-09-2018 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Eir,

I signed up to Eir from Virgin at the end of August, primarily because Eir are now covering the Pro14.
    The €39.99 deal is good value on the face of it (broadband + calls + Eir Sport app).

Eir came out to install broadband a week ago (4/9). The guy who installed same said that the landline, my eir and eir sport app would be set up within a day or so.

Not so!

Here we are a week later and I still have no idea when my landline will finally work and I will have access to watch eir sport. I have contacted eir repeatedly through a number of means:

- online chat x 4 times... a painstaking process where the "technicians" wade through about 15 different questions to verify customer authenticity only to roll out the stock answer that services should be live in 24-48 hours (note 24-48 hours from when I don't know... 24-48 hours from the next millennium!?!) Their answer appears to be a scripted answer and it seems to me that these "techies" are told to kick for touch on such issues - they don't know when issues will be sorted. 

- the same MO seems to be at play when you call 1901 or the other recommended number 1800 519 519.

I can log in to My Eir but all it tells me is that the activation of my account is "in progress"...

@ Eir - your customer support and comms to customers is crap, really a poor show. 
    You had no problem signing me up via IM without delay yet cannot seem to tell me when I will be able to use the services that you are billing me for (the My Eir account tells me that my first bill is on 19/9.... for services I have yet to receive).

Really poor show Eir. 
    I'm not generally one to moan but your general customer service is very poor and it appears that the guys charged with providing your customer service either aren't sufficiently trained to resolve issues or just don't care enough to do so. 

@ Prospective Eir Customers beware - they will reel you in, but you're goosed if you have a problem or need clarification / resolution on an issue. 

@ Eir - can you please fix this for me... please PM for account details etc. 

I shouldn't have to resort to an online forum to get these basic items addressed. 

Regards
    Gordo85

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

I'm having exactly the same problem.

Tempted to refer it to COMREG

Install was on 27th August!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

Exactly the same issue. Two and a half hours on the phone with Eir Customer Care results in absolutely no assistance or a reassurance that the issue will be resolved. They don’t know what the issue is and they pass you from pillar to post with zero hope of a resolution.

In my experience, they don’t care and their sole aim is to get you off the line as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Coz

I called at 16:35 to hear message saying our call centre is closed.

Followed by the opening hours saying it's open until 6!!

Surely it's just a click of a mouse to resolve this!!

The gombeens on Twitter had me calling 1901, 1905, 0818 203040, 1800 200 481, 1800 303 444. The only line I could get through to someone on was sales and they couldn't help me.

Which is indicative of the attitude of eir. Get the customers in and then feck them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Exact issues I’m having as above.
    It’s a farce ...
    have to ring again tomorrow
    Il be looking for money back also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Gordo85 wrote: »
    Hi Eir,

I signed up to Eir from Virgin at the end of August, primarily because Eir are now covering the Pro14.
    The €39.99 deal is good value on the face of it (broadband + calls + Eir Sport app).

Eir came out to install broadband a week ago (4/9). The guy who installed same said that the landline, my eir and eir sport app would be set up within a day or so.

Not so!

Here we are a week later and I still have no idea when my landline will finally work and I will have access to watch eir sport. I have contacted eir repeatedly through a number of means:

- online chat x 4 times... a painstaking process where the "technicians" wade through about 15 different questions to verify customer authenticity only to roll out the stock answer that services should be live in 24-48 hours (note 24-48 hours from when I don't know... 24-48 hours from the next millennium!?!) Their answer appears to be a scripted answer and it seems to me that these "techies" are told to kick for touch on such issues - they don't know when issues will be sorted. 

- the same MO seems to be at play when you call 1901 or the other recommended number 1800 519 519.

I can log in to My Eir but all it tells me is that the activation of my account is "in progress"...

@ Eir - your customer support and comms to customers is crap, really a poor show. 
    You had no problem signing me up via IM without delay yet cannot seem to tell me when I will be able to use the services that you are billing me for (the My Eir account tells me that my first bill is on 19/9.... for services I have yet to receive).

Really poor show Eir. 
    I'm not generally one to moan but your general customer service is very poor and it appears that the guys charged with providing your customer service either aren't sufficiently trained to resolve issues or just don't care enough to do so. 

@ Prospective Eir Customers beware - they will reel you in, but you're goosed if you have a problem or need clarification / resolution on an issue. 

I shouldn't have to resort to an online forum to get these basic items addressed. 

Regards
    Gordo85
    Hi Gordo85, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand your frustrations here. This is not the level of service we wish to provide to our customers. 

If you PM me your account details, full name on the account, date of birth and email address I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 

• Advertisement

Coz wrote: »
    I called at 16:35 to hear message saying our call centre is closed.

Followed by the opening hours saying it's open until 6!!

Surely it's just a click of a mouse to resolve this!!

The gombeens on Twitter  had me calling 1901, 1905, 0818 203040, 1800 200 481, 1800 303 444.   The only line I could get through to someone on was sales and they couldn't help me.

Which is indicative of the attitude of eir.  Get the customers in and then feck them!!
    Hi Coz, 

I'm really sorry to hear this. 

Feel free to PM me your account details, full name on the account, date of birth and email address and I'll help you here. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gordo85

Hi Eir,

Not so!

Really poor show Eir. 

Regards
    Gordo85
    Hi Gordo85, 

I'm very sorry to hear about the ongoing issues you are having with ourselves, I understand your frustrations here. This is not the level of service we wish to provide to our customers. 

If you PM me your account details, full name on the account, date of birth and email address I'll look into this for you. 

Thanks

Tracey 
    Hi Tracey,

PM sent. Can you update me today please in terms of whether Eir feel that they will be in a position to offer the services I have contracted for?

10 days post installation now ... landline still not functional and Eir sport app not working. No communications from Eir whatsoever and no guidance in terms of when I can expect to receive the services that I am now in my 10th day of paying for. 

To say I am beyond frustrated is an understatement to say the least.

Please clarify the position asap so that I can make a decision re withdrawal. 

I have also logged a complaint with your complaints department, and, happily, as I am on A/L am now writing to Comreg and Celtic Rugby (the latter to voice my discontent and inform them that their brand is being tarnished by Eir's shoddiness and de facto incompetence). 

Regards,

Gordo85

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Gordo85

Day 11 Update

Still no landline or eir sport access, nor any guidance as to when I will receive same.

My "My Eir" account happily lists these services as being "in progress" and also tells me that my first bill comes out in 5 days... so Eir plan to charge me for services I have not received. 

- No reply from Tracey or the "support" team here, despite PM'ing them 2 days ago
    - I IM'ed eir this morning again... fobbed off and told to contact 01 5366550. When I called this number the lady said this company were contractors for eir and that she couldn't help. She then put me through to 1901... I waited for 10 mins approx, the call hold music stopped (so it seemed that an operator was about to join) and then inexplicably they hung up!

So, in summary - Day 11 - still no resolution. 

Fellow boardsies .... beware of Eir ... "BEWeir" ... if you are considering signing up have a read of this thread, and the other threads in the eir forum... 

Regards,

Gordo85

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Day 11 Update

Still no landline or eir sport access, nor any guidance as to when I will receive same.

My "My Eir" account happily lists these services as being "in progress" and also tells me that my first bill comes out in 5 days... so Eir plan to charge me for services I have not received. 

- No reply from Tracey or the "support" team here, despite PM'ing them 2 days ago
    - I IM'ed eir this morning again... fobbed off and told to contact 01 5366550. When I called this number the lady said this company were contractors for eir and that she couldn't help. She then put me through to 1901... I waited for 10 mins approx, the call hold music stopped (so it seemed that an operator was about to join) and then inexplicably they hung up!

Fellow boardsies .... beware of Eir ... "BEWeir" ... if you are considering signing up have a read of this thread, and the other threads in the eir forum... 

Regards,

Gordo85
    here is a piece of sensible advice cancel your direct debit and pay online. I did it one month into my contract as they were doing something similar to me.

Day 11 Update

Regards,

Gordo85
    Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I have responded to your PM there now.

Thanks 

Tracey 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭IJS84

I am finding the exact same issues above, although I am almost a week since install now.
    Phone line not working, no access to Eir sports, broadband is working thankfully as my partner works from home also, but she could not use the landline since last week for her job.

Bet the wont be reduction in the bill either. €30 connection fee.....for what? half the services that we signed up for?
    As I posted on your facebook pages earlier and with the guys on twitter, I am in my cooling off period and will cancel the contract due to lack of services.

Advertisement